Chapter 12

However, the good thing is that you are getting better and recovering faster than anyone expected. Although you have still retained some of your memory loss, you were able to regain some of your memories thanks to the potions that Alexander provided you with. They seem to be helping somewhat, since you no longer forget things, especially events that happened recently. You’ve begun to recall quite a lot of your memories in general, so that must be a sign, Alexander reasons, that things are finally starting to return to normal. Or at least he hopes they are. He’s not quite sure which way he wants them to go, but he knows that things could be much worse. At least it doesn’t seem like any of your old kidnappers are after you anymore. He hopes. He’s still worried, but you haven’t seen any of them recently, so that means that either they have given up on you, or they were unsuccessful in trying to find you. Either way, it’s nice to know that he is not going to be in immediate danger anytime soon. He does still fear that you could be taken away from him in an instant. That’s always a worry.
It’s now mid morning, you’ve awoken, eaten breakfast, and are currently sitting on the floor, staring blankly into space. Your head is spinning from all of the new information that you’ve absorbed the day prior, and you are having trouble processing everything in your brain. You feel overwhelmed. Your heart rate is picking up rapidly again as you try to steady your breathing, but fail miserably. You’ve spent the entire morning sitting on the hard stone floor, trying not to shake or cry, yet failing miserably at it. Everything has gone so horribly wrong, and yet, none of it seemed to matter, because Alexander was there. You’re not quite sure why your emotions are all over the place now, but they are, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
All you can do is wait, and pray to God for someone to come rescue you…
just like how he rescued you.