Chapter 10

You need to lie down somewhere warm and comfortable. A bed sounds very nice right now, and you’ll probably end up sleeping for most of the night anyway. So without another word, Alexander leads you through the gate, holding his hand out for yours and leading the way, whilst also keeping close to you so that he doesn’t lose you in the crowd of villagers.  As you pass through the gates and walk through the main streets of the town, Alexander takes you to the entrance of the house you had been staying in. The moment you step in through the door, you feel as though a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. You breathe deeply in a bid to relax your muscles, as Alexander gently closes the door behind you. You take a step forwards cautiously, your senses suddenly alert to the possibility of being attacked or kidnapped. Slowly, your breathing starts to slow down again as the feeling passes. You relax as you hear Alexander sigh softly. “Come on then dear, let’s get you upstairs…” he murmurs as he starts taking you upstairs, guiding you along with his arms wrapped firmly around your waist as he carefully guides you through the dark corridors. You follow him like a lost little lamb, completely exhausted as your body refuses to stay awake for very long. Once you reach the room which is obviously where he’s planning to take you to sleep tonight, he helps you strip off your filthy clothes and turn the sheets down, before laying you down onto the soft mattress. As soon as you feel the softness of the bed, you curl up, your whole body aching terribly. ‘The bed is far more comfortable than what I deserve…’ you whisper softly, unable to keep your eyes open anymore.
Alexander smiles softly to himself as he watches how quickly your eyelids fall closed, and he feels a sudden rush of emotion as he stares at your sleeping form; however, it is not directed at you. Not exactly. It is, however, directed toward himself