6 - Dionysus

Faye

I've been having my eyes on the clock for more than half an hour.

Today's meetings were as interesting as watching paint dry, and the time passed just to spite me. We are working on a new project, and everyone is brainstorming about the advertisement we need to create, which I cite, "has to be heart-stopping and blow your mind."

The new collection is office-related, nothing out of the ordinary (I may say), so it's relatively challenging to have original ideas for something monotonous. What are they expecting from us? How can office clothes be mind-blowing when they are mind-numbing?

Himchan approaches my desk quietly, passing me a cup of coffee. He's such a sweet guy, always caring and thoughtful. He was the first person who talked to me since I started working here-more of a wingman.

"It's hard to tell if you're bored or tired. I brought you a coffee. It will help. We have one hour left, but you should go home earlier if you don't feel good. I can take care of the rest."

"Thank you, darling, but I don't drink coffee. It's fine, I feel good, but I may kill someone if I hear 'office' or 'business' setting as a scenario." I smile at him.

"Right? We are running in circles, and there are no improvements so far. Did you think about anything in particular?

"Actually, I did, but -"

Himchan interrupts everyone from talking, clapping his hands to get their attention.

"Okay, guys, Faye has an idea. Let's listen to her!"

Cool, thanks. I love it when I'm the center of attention.

"Alright. So, instead of going for the classic, boring advertisement, why don't we try to be rather peculiar? I think an odd location would provide the shot in the arm this collection badly needs. Because the clothes are already dreary, and we want to avoid our ad being the same."

All eyes are on me, and no one says anything. OK, this goes well. Himchan takes a seat, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What do you mean by odd location?"

"For example, we can set up everything in an old warehouse instead of filming a business meeting. Having high scaffolds for the models to stand on, mono colors as a background, only the clothes will be colorful. The models will not move too much, giving the mannequin effect, maybe a storyteller as the outfits are presented." I take a break from talking, waiting for any kind of reaction.