59 - Amydgala

A/N: about Yoongi's song:

"To better understand this track, one must first understand the amygdala's function in the brain. This region of our minds is mostly responsible for handling emotional processes and regulating those emotions, but it also plays a role in encoding memory, particularly when memories have a highly emotional component. Putting it simply, when a remembrance has a strong emotional impact on an individual, be it positive or negative, the amygdala stores that information so that in the future, those memories can aid the person to recognize a setting or event that is similar or elicits the same emotions, and inform their decisions."

Russian terms explained:

#(moya) malyshka = (my) little one, (my) baby;

#blyat = (in this context) fuck/fuck it;

#printsessa = princess;

#Ya lyublyu tebya ee tol'ko tebya = I love you and only you;

#Zhdi menya = Wait for me;

#dochka = daughter;

#dochenka = little daughter;

#(moya) dorogaya = (my) dear/darling;

#Dva bileta, pozhaluysta = Two tickets, please;

#kroshka = crumb/little crumb;

#lapochka = darling, sweetie;

#(moya) zayka = (my) bunny;

#Ty yeshchyo moloda, moya dochka = You are still young, my daughter;

Nadja

"Moya malyshka," she hoots while kneading the dough, "What is an extra week?"

"I really wish I could, mama, but I have work."

"You traveled so much that you forgot how to stay." She stops to look at me, her beautiful cobalt eyes tainted with an understanding sadness, "And what did you do with your hair, child?"

"You don't like it?" I giggle, roughing it a little, "Took you seven days to admit it. So it's true you get more patient with the age."

"Oy, oy! Don't they teach you manners there?"

My laughter becomes louder as I hug her from behind, pressing millions of small kisses on her dijon hair until my snickers reach her lips too. I would love nothing more but stay here for another week, but I just started my new role as a manager and I don't want to fuck it up.