35 - Decalcomania

A/N: I know it's not the official demo, but this lo-fi version of Decalcomania is absolutely heartbreaking, and the fact that it has the length of a normal track gives me a glimpse of how the song would sound like.

It was so easy to have a favorite solo from each of them, and although Jungkook is my bias, none of his solos hit me that hard until I (mistakenly) found this one. Kookie in low register is just something else...

Wish you all a happy weekend!

Jungkook

Three days since Namjoon left, and I feel stuck in limbo, replaying our conversation countlessly in my mind like a broken vinyl. I can't be sure if that was his plan the whole time, but the idiot really made me doubt myself.

After our game, or better said, after I put on a fantastic performance for his inexperienced ego, he got this divine inspiration that surprised all of us. The envy and shock he must have felt did him good, coming up with a crap ton of wordplay, probably making Shakespeare shake from his grave.

If the cypher project somehow lacked essence, our Hwatu break made both Yoongi and Namjoon change the song's directions. In a matter of minutes, Yoongi decided to incorporate traditional instrumental into the beat, making it sound like the sickest mix he ever came up with.

Once the beat was done, the lyrics just followed naturally. Hobi's and Yoongi's verses were well-written and on point, but Namjoon's part was the apex of the song. Genius wordplay and rhythmical onomatopoeia, including the repetitive ddaeng sound and adding various meanings, made the song simply addictive.

I hate to admit it, but it was fucking brilliant. And it was fucking brilliant 'cause I served as his muse. Hilarious.

They spent the entire day working on the beat and lyrics, and surprisingly, they finished it the same day. The fastest project Yoongi ever worked on. And it's a banger. I was honestly happy they moved that quick with it because that meant that Namjoon wouldn't have any additional reason to stay longer.

His flight was scheduled two hours before they finished, and I was delighted he had no time to meet with Faye, but then Yoongi came up with the fucking stupid idea of me driving him to the airport.

Can I say no to Yoongi? Probably yes.

Do I want to say no to Yoongi? Not really.