Chapter 13. MOMENT ALONE

After breakfast, I sat in the living room watching a program, one of the morning show. Henry did all the work, I tried to stop him, the work was really much but he insisted to do all, telling me to rest on. He is really loving and calling him hardworking is truly indisputable.

It's already rolling to a week after papa's death. I will be expecting William tomorrow, I thought, as i woke up from the bed. I picked up my phone and texted him again. Can you believe he never texted me once neither did he call me. This  is not how relationship works girl, you need to wisen up, what if he has dumped you for some bad ass girls in London, or what if he is never coming back, what if William is not  who you and papa thought he is? I thought again. Calling him was a huge problem,  or did he lost his phone, that's not even an excuse because he can get another one if he did, or did he lost my contact, why will that even happen Regina?
   "You think a lot and fabricate a lot, girl, you just need to be calm, just stay back and wait for him, if you don't see him then you can roll back the topics. Yes, wait for him, just wait for him, that's it , only wait."
    I opened my phone and texted him.
..."so long" what's up" don't forget you are not replying my messages ".well, I'm expecting you tomorrow, don't forget to buy the headphone".
   I was about to close up when I saw a reply, he was online, he texted,

"Regina, "it's not what you think.
  "I have been seriously sick for months now,
I had type two diabetes and a swollen hand, my father was up and doing.
  " he kept all gadget away from me because he was really mad at me of what I did which I wouldn't like to tell you.
  "so embarrassing. So that was why I haven't texted and phoned you, I didn't even celebrate Xmas,
can you believe that? So mercy me and also tell papa that his handsome face.

I was really shocked and sorry for him.
  "That poor guy has gone through a lot , type two diabetes and a swollen hands?
  "Where did he get that from? Oh..Jesus.

I got up from the bed, remembering that Henry Reuben will be going back home today. I rushed downstairs just to find him watching a movie.
  "I thought you will be getting ready and not here watching TV, I said, persuasively.
  I changed my mind, I still wanna have time with you, he said, he stood up, walking towards me in the stairs.
   "So what about the hospital meeting you told me about, you said they needed you, so why will you change your mind so sudden? I asked.
  he held me down the stairs, the situation that needed my attention has been attended to so I have decided to move back tomorrow.
"Oh- Jesus, William is coming tomorrow, I thought. what's is he gonna say if he finds out that I am home alone with a guy. "Oh ..God, he will be sad, so sad, he will even kill me, I thought again.
"So tell me what I'm thinking, he said, as he tuned down the volume of the TV.
"How should I know what you are thinking, I'm not a seer, I said, absentmindedly.
"Oh Regina, I expected you to think for a sec  or guess something, you are really wonderful, you don't just want to stress yourself. he said as he laughed.
"So, I'm going out with you, let me say we both are going out, I will really love it unlike you because you dislike outing, it will be special because it will be part of history and part of memories.
"Are u serious?I asked, amusingly and I hit him at the back playfully.

I was found in a  nice gown,maybe  mixtures of white, black and red as I sat on my bed facing the mirror.  I  put on  a choker round my neck, I carried a black purse as I open my room door to move out.
  "Hey handsome, I mean, Henry, I said as I found him in front of my doorway standing courageously.
  "You looked gorgeous ,he said. Good for  both of us, I said and I slammed the door.

We went out shopping, he bought so much things that weren't even necessary. I was just wondering why he bought such things, he looks like someone who is just interested in filling up a house with things. We also went to a restaurant. I sat admiring the environment which was highly pleasing, watching the people alone was a thing of joy to me. The environment was really different from the one I was used to which was really dilapidated.
"What can I offer you cute couple? A waitress asked,  handling me a food menu, I'm just trying to be diplomatic, she said again. Well, you're diplomatically right but weren't couple we are literally friends, I said, pointing towards an apple pie and sundae.
"thanks, she said as she forwarded the menu to henry, I go with what she want, he said, hitting his phone against his mouth.
She dispatched and in  a few minutes was back, I took my apple pie, I ate in a rush as I stole a glance at my watch which was ticking four already.

We got home three hours later, we were found seated, selecting and eating. Henry brought out a big black laptop from a box, one of the things he bought during the shopping, he handed it over to me.
" what for,I asked?
For you Regina, it's for you, at least to know that I gave her a gift because she is perfect, Regina ibey is perfect. he said again. What surprised me most what that more than half of what he bought were all for me. Is he really serious ?I don't need them. He bought me makeups kit, phone chargers, phone chargers were the worst, God.  He bought  seven phone chargers. He is rich like crazy,  That's not all, he bought me a fancy stylish handbag, an expensive face cap, a lot of clothes, jewelries, bible, books and the rest of them.
"I hope you like them, he said, the most vital reason why I did all these was for you to remember me, it will be so easy you forgetting everything, may be after a month, a year, a decade , I'm sure everything must have been a thing of the  forgettable past. So I'm hoping when you put one of the dress then you will remember" -- it was that guy, henry Reuben, the clown doctor who gave me this or maybe one of the church members admired the bible, then you have the flash back, it was that extravagant henry who gave me this. So will you miss me, like passionately miss me? He asked, he looked directly at me, I was having a natural affinity for him already, he looked directly at me
We shouldn't do this, I said as he move more closer.  we're on it already, he replied, whispering to my ear.
"he kissed me. My phone rang about a minute later, Christ Jesus,! It was William, first time calling.
"Hi William" I said as I move some meters away from henry." I just want to tell you that I have a surprise for you, hope you aren't cheating? Also tell papa to charge his phone, I have been trying his line; that
was William.

I walked gently back to henry, "what's up? you look sad, who was on the phone? He asked again. It was William, I answered, shamefully
"Oh your boyfriend, what did he say that makes you so down? he questioned, he only asked if I wasn't cheating. So what did you tell him? You told him I was here?
"Why will I?is that wisdom or something, that's not something to talk about over the phone, I didn't answer the question besides he is coming tomorrow. I'm really sorry Regina, it wasn't intensional, it's just that you are so just sweet, I'm sorry, he said as he went down on his kneel .
There is no room apologizing. What happened, happened as a result of two wrongs, so apologizing isn't necessary. Let get to bed, since you will be leaving early tomorrow, we really need to go rest now and for the items a wide thanking that can't be accomplished in two years I owe you, thank you so much. Now  my old bible will be replaced, I've been so lazy on getting a new one and for the clothes, you have entirely changed my wardrobe and for the chargers, my phone is even appreciating you right now.

So early the next day, the hour hand just struck six when I woke up. Waking him up too as I gave his door a knock.
Hi! He said , I was trying to know if you were up, I said, as I went to the kitchen to prepare  breakfast.
He has an appointment today, that is the main reason he will be living so early.
I was thinking of the fastest meal to prepare, I stood roaming from one corner of the cabinet to the other, he can eat bread, I suggested as I open the fridge just to find s loaf of bread . I put some cups of water on the broiler for tea. In about six minutes I was done as I placed some slice bread on the table.
I ran to my room to wash my mouth, I came down few minutes later finding him eating. So you're done with your packing? I asked as I carried one of his bags to the car side.
He came out with his briefcase around to seven. We started taking the loads to the booth of the limo one after the other, after I went to open the gate wondering why he just stood staring at me, you're running late, it's an important meeting ,you don't have any idea how the traffic jam would look like, I said.
Do you have any idea of how much I will miss you? He asked with his sad face, I know you will miss me because I will miss you more but that's not the point. The point is you're running late for an important meeting, I said as I tried my possible best to escape his eyes. I love you Regina, he thundered,  William is really lucky to have someone like you, continue to be your self, he said as in entered the car. I continued waving.
"stay safe and tell William it will be nice to meet  him someday".he said as he brought back the engine  to live. He drove slowly down the road and I didn't cease to wave.

If you like this chapter, pls don't forget to drop a comment.
It will be really nice and helpful.