XIV

Halloween was approaching. It had been approximately two weeks since Malfoy kicked Browne's arse. That was honestly great to witness. I was fairly familiar with silent spell casting as well as wandless spell casting. So, I had accio'd Malfoy's wand to him. I don't think he knew it was me, but we had a great time at the party that evening. Neither of us drank, we had that in common. I didn't drink because during the summer I drank too much alcohol, so much that Hermione was forced to bring me to an AA meeting. I hadn't even been drinking for two months yet. Turns out Malfoy had about the same problem, the pressure to fit in as well, so you drink without a reason.

I sighed, getting up from my bed. I'd finished my homework already. I was amazing at most subjects except for Potions, luckily Slughorn was going easy on us. Malfoy wasn't in the room, so, for some reason, I wanted to snoop around his stuff. I had a suspicion.

I picked up one of his books, it was another one about dragons. 'Life to death: How do dragons cope with loss'. Interesting. As I flipped through the pages I could see he had marked things inside, little notes, remarks about paragraphs, a bit like comments on Wattpad. His handwriting was oddly familiar and I immediately recognized it. My suspicion had been confirmed, Draco Malfoy was the man from the diary that I'd been writing notes with. Ever since I saw him go into Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, all the pieces of the puzzle fell in place. The same problems, same handwriting, and seen at the place of the crime.

I was scared to approach him and tell him to say the least. I had confessed so many things about my past to him without knowing it and I wasn't sure I wanted him to immediately know who it was. I hadn't told him anything in real life yet. Well, I guess the notes are real life, but you get what I mean. To him, I was still the same boy as before. The question stayed in my mind, haunting my thoughts; Should I tell Draco Malfoy that I'm his mystery friend?

And then there's the other problem. He constantly haunted my thoughts. His soft angular features, his white hair, his gorgeous gray eyes, and especially his smile. He was so angelic. He was everything I wanted in life, an angel sent from above and more. How on earth was I, some stupid guy going to tell him I might like him? Yes, it was true. I might be gay for bloody Draco Malfoy of all people.

My sexuality had always been something I'd suppressed, I'd just not paid any attention to it. All of my friends seemed to know about Dean and Seamus, and although it made Ron uncomfortable, he hid it well and did his best to support them.

I wondered how Malfoy would feel about my being bisexual. Or at least I think that's what they called it. I mean I still liked boobies, but I also liked dick I guess. It felt good admitting it to myself.

"Oh hey Potter.", I heard behind me. I immediately looked up to see Blaise standing in the doorway of our room. "What are you doing with Draco's book?", he asked, coming closer and taking it from my hands. He put it back on top of the pile. "Oh I might be interested in Dragons so I wanted to quickly check it out.", I answered calmly, crossing my arms. He smirked, "If you were really interested in Dragons, they have the same book in the library. Why didn't you just check it out there? Don't you know Draco hates it when people touch his stuff?", Blaise said, crossing his arms as well. He was shorter than me, but that didn't stop him from being intimidating. I was a pretty good liar though, having had years of practice, he better believe me. "Of course, I thought it was easier to see if the book seemed interesting and if I should go get it. I don't think he'd mind that much.", I answered with a smile.

"Well, then you clearly don't know Draco.", Blaise sniggered, eyeing me one last time before stepping out of my room. Finally.

I was honestly scared he was going to tell Malfoy, but what was there to tell? I was checking out the book!