XVI

The party had its ups and downs. First Harry fought with Ron then Ginny beat him up and still he was fine. How on earth wasn't he angry at them? How on earth was he able to let her cry on his shoulder? I guess he let me too. He was so kind, too bloody kind for this world. I would go as far as declaring him perfect if it wasn't for that terrible hair of his.

When Pansy got asked that question by Finnigan, I felt scared. I knew what her answer would be. Although I appreciated her attempt to not say it, it was for the better if she didn't get hexed. I remember feeling scared when she told them the memory, I remember going back to that moment in my mind. Blimey, it was bad. The blood, the pain coursing through my veins, the blurry vision of a grin, and more than anything the feeling of hoping enough blood gushed out of me to kill me. It was a feeling I was still having frequently, like the evening after the party, and the one after that. The person from the notes helped, they left me small messages like:

It'll be alright. Life is tough sometimes, but you're strong enough to get through it.

Or

Someday we'll meet and I'll give you the biggest best hug you've ever had. You need it.

Or

I've been there too mate. If anyone at Hogwarts can relate, it'd be me. Stay strong buddy.

I was thankful for the notes, grateful that they let me vent to them like that, whoever they were. I had noticed that they were less and less present though, with bigger gaps between each message. I was sad of course, dissatisfied certainly, but at least I still had Harry. We never talked about my problems, but the way he comforted me, and the way he made me feel, helped more than he knew. I also found out he was bisexual like Blaise. I think I felt some hope or happiness when I found out, which was stupid of course. I barely knew how to feel alright, let alone be in love. I'd given up on that a long time ago. I think I was about to say it when he came to help me in the bathroom, but he shut me up. He just wanted to help, nothing more. Perhaps I'd been reading him wrong all along. Who knew? Harry Potter remained a mystery for now.

He was going to tutor me in Transfiguration, Metamorphosis to be precise, and I was excited, to say the least. I'd read two books about the subject and I was eager to learn more from Harry, currently the most powerful wizard on this planet.

"You ready Draco?", he asked me, as I entered our room. I nodded, barely hiding the excitement I felt. I picked up my books and waited for him. He simply stared at me. "Oh you won't need any books.", he said, taking my books and putting them back on the nightstand. I raised a brow, was he being serious?

"I need the books.", I said, trying to pick them back up. "No, you don't. It's less complicated than what's written in the books.", Harry answered, putting on his coat, then he took his broom. "Where are you going?", I asked him. He was clearly going outside. What about tutoring?

He chuckled, handing me my own broom and coat, "If I'm tutoring you, we're doing it my way.", he said. What? I'm sorry? I was so bloody confused.

I followed him outside in the autumn breeze as he mounted his Nimbus 3000, bloody hell if I may add, and soared to the sky. I followed him on my humble Nimbus 2500. I used to always have the latest model, but now with my father in jail, it was a bit harder than that. He stopped somewhere 400 feet from the ground and waited for me. "I want you to close your eyes.", he said when I finally arrived, hovering in the air in front of me. It would be an understatement to say I was confused. "Just do it Draco.", he chuckled as I hesitantly closed my eyes.

His voice was the only thing guiding me now.

"Metamorphosis is the art of changing yourself, another being, or an object into something else. For example, Mad-Eye used metamorphosis to turn you into a ferret. Animagus use metamorphosis on themselves to turn into their animal. There are many different kinds, such as Single, Duo, and Object metamorphosis. I'll just be teaching you the basics today. Is that alright Draco?", Harry explained, I nodded. Blimey, he knew a lot about this, he knew a lot about so many things.