XV

I was glad I could finally call Potter my friend. After eight bloody years of obsessing over him. Well, I suppose I should call him Harry then. This felt so strange, I'd never called him Harry before. I was only just getting used to it. I was glad we were friends, at least I thought we were? Maybe we weren't. Maybe I'd acted too fast. Maybe he still hated me.

I threw my head into my hands, Merlin I was already panicking! I hoped we were friends. I had never had many friends. I had Blaise and Pansy, Crabbe and Goyle, but it was always different. Crabbe and Goyle were my minions, my toys, they as well as I knew they were just being used by my father to gain information about me and that I was using them to send false information back. Pansy and I were friends, sometimes we'd been close, other times she distanced herself from us and we didn't speak for years. Sometimes I didn't even know if I was considered her friend. She'd always been there when I need someone to help me, and she was my main source of all the School's gossip.

Blaise, unlike the others, was a real friend. We'd always sticked together and both our families approved so we didn't have to pretend we didn't like each other. He had always been there, we never fought, our friendship was perfect. That was until recently of course. I wished he'd told me how he felt sooner, that he was angry and sad, that rejection sucked and that I should've been more thoughtful. We hung out again, but I was scared we'd never be as close as we were before. Blaise was amazing, but I couldn't imagine a relationship with him. Not even in my wildest dreams.

***

I called out for help. My voice echoed off the walls of the box I was stuck in. It was made from glass, but I didn't see anything on the other side. It was just simply black, there was nothing beyond this point. When I looked down I saw that I was naked, really naked. The dark mark hadn't stained my skin yet. I looked up again. Suddenly the box started moving as two fingers lifted it up into the air. Mr. Gray looked at me with his big red eyes, then he shook the box. I fell to the ceiling, then to the floor, then onto the walls. I screamed in agony as he kept on shaking the box. Then the box broke and I was back in my bed.

Tears streamed out of my eyes and onto Harry's shirt. He gently stroked my head, running his fingers through my hair. It felt nice. After a while I stopped sobbing and looked at him. He looked back into my eyes, they were so beautiful.

A gorgeous shade of green, resembling the beauty of an emerald. His eyes were a whole new world of blissful peace that I was now allowed to get lost in. Specks of golden brown and mint, but mostly an ocean of sage green. I wanted to keep getting lost in them for as long as I possibly could. Unfortunately for me he got out of bed. I didn't want him to go so I grabbed his wrist. He seemed surprised, stopping in his track to look back at me. "Stay.", I whispered. I wanted to keep hugging, I wanted to keep feeling safe.

He understood. He hugged me again, lying next to me in my bed. His chin on my forehead as I nuzzle up into him. Despite being taller than him, he had no problem with putting his strong arms around me. I liked it.

I think I fell asleep because when I woke up again a few hours later, Harry was gone. I wondered where he went every morning. He always just disappeared into the bathroom after comforting me. I didn't see him much during the day either. We never hung out. I wondered if maybe we could hang out together. Play Quidditch together or visit Hogsmeade on a weekend. I should ask him about it.

***

First class of the day was Transfiguration. I initially quite liked the class because it was immensely helpful and useful and I was good at it, but over the years it started becoming one of my least favorite classes because I had it with the Gryffindors. Before this year they were still fairly scared of me, but they were known to be brave and insulting had started to be one of their favorite things in classes I had with them. They were angry, I understood that. I agreed that it was my fault. I was in the wrong. I deserved it. I wanted them to insult me. I wanted them to hurt me. I should've gone to jail.