FOUR. never have i ever... gotten drunk and made confessions to my boyfriend

MAKING A thirst trap with Devi simply for Paxton to see wasn't something that Kalani had seen herself doing whatsoever

MAKING A thirst trap with Devi simply for Paxton to see wasn't something that Kalani had seen herself doing whatsoever. He hadn't even liked the video and it had been up for several minutes.

And even though Devi claimed that everything was normal between her and Paxton, it didn't feel that way.

But he'd asked to work in a group with Devi. She ditched her friends for him while Eleanor and Fab worked together with Eve.

Meanwhile, Kalani had been stuck with Ben Gross and Johnny Slater as her partners.

"Presentations are due Monday."

Project was simple. Create an app the you'd think would save people from the past.

This was possibly the worst thing to ever happen to Kalani. She absolutely did not want to work with Ben and Johnny. The trio would most likely get the highest grade in the class in they worked on the project alone, but together as a group? They could only hope hell had frozen over.

Johnny was a clean cut kinda guy. Things needed to be done his way or they wouldn't get done at all.

Ben was a perfectionist. If a small speck of dust even touched the screen he'd be pissed off for months.

And as for Kalani, she just wanted everyone to get along. That's all she ever asked for.

Today was not that day.

"Jewber's a good idea. You guys are crazy." Ben said, "A ride-sharing all to help the Jews escape the Nazis? It's brilliant."

"The app tells anyone the exact location of a Jewish person. Anyone could find them, including Nazis."

"She's right."

Ben and Kalani broke eye contact to stare at Johnny. Never in their lives have they ever heard him speak.

"Fine." Ben scoffed, "What do you guys have?"

"I have an idea." Johnny said standing, "I work on this project alone."

He grabbed his bag from the floor and left the classroom.

Kalani sighed a shoved her things into her bag.