TWO. never have i ever... been someone's valentine

IT DIDN'T take much to see that Ben and Kalani were slowly stepping back into friendship territory

IT DIDN'T take much to see that Ben and Kalani were slowly stepping back into friendship territory. In fact, it didn't shock anyone unless your name was Anessa.

Ben had told Anessa that he couldn't make her soccer game because of a chem test he had to study for. But Anessa had caught Kalani and Ben laughing in the quad and felt as if he was ditching her to be around Kalani.

And when Anessa confronted him about his feelings for Kalani, he shot it down and said he would come to her game.

And he did... but he missed the last goal of the game that Anessa made because he was texting Kalani.

In turn, Anessa kissed Fabiola in the bathroom.

It's was a wild couple of days to say the least.

But, for now anyway, it was Valentine's Day aka, the worst day of the year.

Kalani had never been fond of Valentine's Day. She had been dating Ben when she could officially celebrate the holiday with a significant other... but this was the present and the girl was single which brought back memories of when kids had to bring the whole class of stuck up note and a piece of candy.

Kalani shut her locker with a heavy sigh and was faced Jonah who handed her a card with her perfect Valentine Day match from a survey that he practically forced her to take.

She opened the envelope and pulled the card out and held wide eyes as Ben's name was written in bold, black letters on the bottom.

The comparability score? 99%.

"That's bullshit." She muttered under her breath.

"What's bullshit?" Jacob asked.

She turned, showing him the card, "Ben and I are ninety-nine percent compatible."

"Oh, shit." He laughed, taking her card, "Oh this is gold." He pulled out his phone with a smile, "Can you pose with it?"

Kalani rolled her eyes and flipped the boy off before heading off to the quad.