THREE. never have i ever... kissed the new boy

"SO YOU'RE gonna fuck Nick Buckley?" Jacob asked, "For what?"

Kalani propped her phone against her books as she prepared for another day in her already failing senior year.

She pulled her hair into two high ponytails and applied her Glossier high shine lipstick. She finally looked down at her phone with a smile.

"Because I can." She answered, "And I deserve to have a good time in high school while I can."

"I applaud you." He smiled, "I would've happily had sex with you if I knew that it would help you get over Ben."

"You hated kissing me."

"I never said that."

Kalani rolled her eyes, grabbing her phone and her backpack before making her way to her car, which was fixed, by the way.

"Look, I've hung out with Nick and Ethan when I wasn't busy with you—"

"Busy with me?" Kalani chuckled.

"Not in a bad way, bitch." He sighed, "Nick was probably the better guy out of the two. So, I'm saying, be safe, use condoms, and go with Nick. He's pretty chill."

Kalani softly smiled, "Thank you."

Kalani soon pulled into the schools parking lot and glanced down at her phone, picking it up, "I'm here. I'll talk to you later."

"Have fun, Lani. I love you."

She smiled, "Love you."

She hung up the phone, sighing. She desperately missed Jacob, but would never tell him to his face, she wasn't that desperate.

He was the one guy who didn't always put up with her bullshit and when he did it's because he pitied her.

Regardless, the school day when with ease until Kalani, Fabiola, and (sorta) Eleanor found Devi talking to Paxton.

"What's he doing here?" Fabiola asked Devi as she sat.

"I guess he's working here." She answered, "So, what's up with you guys?"