SIX. never have i ever... gone to prom

TODAY WAS a big day

TODAY WAS a big day. Early acceptance for various colleges were being announced at exact 4 that afternoon and Kalani wanted to at least hear good news from Brown or Dartmouth.

Those were her top choice while UCLA, NC State, and Duke were her safety nets.

She wasn't the only one who wanted to get into an Ivy league school. She had the potential to do it and she was determined to get into one of them... Brown specifically.

And she was accepted into UCLA, NC State, Duke, and Dartmouth.

She just had one more email to open and that was from Brown.

She had a 5.5% chance of getting in and she prayed that they just said yes.

But they didn't... they didn't say no either.

They had deferred her just like Devi with Princeton.

Kalani sighed. She wasn't going to take this as a set back. It wasn't a yes and it wasn't a no. She still had that 5.5% chance of getting in.

She just needed to wait.

Unlike Fabiola who told Kalani that she had been accepted into Princeton.

"Holt shit!" Kalani smiled, pulling the girl into a hug, "Congratulations, Fab!"

Fabiola, for the longest time, had been holding back the she even applied to Princeton and the relief that she had when one of her closest friends had praised her for it was a small weight off of her shoulders.

She relaxed into Kalani's hug before she pulled away. She had realized that she still had one person to tell. The one person who, oh so desperately wanted to get into Princeton.

"What do I do?" Fabiola asked, "Should I confess?"

"I think it's best to tell her. She'd be proud of you, Fab." Kalani smiled.

Devi was indeed, not proud of Fabiola.

She was pissed that Fabiola has applied, pissed that Princeton had even accepted her in the first place.