<13>

I woke up the next morning to someone poking my cheek.
Who pokes a sleeping person?
Max. That's who.

"Fuck off Max. It's too early for you to be annoying me right now." I hit his hand away and rolled over.

I felt another poke, this time in my back. I shot up and glared at Max. He stayed still and didn't flinch.

"Good Morning sleepy head. Now it's time for work, your favourite." Max said politely.

"What's the time?" I murmured, rubbing my eyes.

"8. I brought you coff-"

"8! Why didn't you wake me up earlier. Now I've only got half an hour to get ready." I said throwing the duvet off of me and grabbing the coffee mug out of Max's hand and chugging it.

"Shit that's hot." I said throwing him the empty mug and running to the shower.

We was out the flat by 20 to 9 after running back in multiple times when we forgot something else. First it was the phone, then the data sheets, then the keys. God it was difficult.

The drive was only 5 minutes but we was already running late so it only took me 3. Walking through the front door to the factory, Adrian was stood waiting for us.

"And what time do you two call this?" He said resting a hand on his hip and one on the counter.

"Well we would have been earlier if she didn't forget everything going." Max said rolling his eyes and swiping his card in.

"Well Christian is off sick today so Y/N you are in charge." He rolled his eyes as i also swiped in, first time putting it in upside down.

"Why am i in charge? He has other people to do it for him, Max and i have other work to do." I scoffed.

"Thats what he said in his message. 'Off sick. Y/N in charge. Office keys are at desk.'" He read off his phone.

For fucks sake Christian.

"He doesn't tell me this shit." I rolled my eyes.

I picked the keys up from around the back of the front desk and began walking towards his office, mumbling to myself. I unlocked the door and stepped inside Christians office, Max following behind me.

"Wow it's a mess in here." Max said looking round at the piles upon piles of paper and mess around the room.

"Yep. He said I'm in charge. As the person in charge i say that we are going to just shut this door and forget about it ok?." I said sneaking out and locking the door behind me, sighing, "this is going to be a long few weeks."

"Yep. I'm off to the sim if you are joining to shout at my laps." Max placed his hand on my shoulder, looking at me sympathetically.

"Oh the pleasure is mine." I smiled and we walked off in the direction of the sim room.

I was right saying that it would be a long few weeks.

I would even argue it was the longest 3 weeks of my life, just spent analysing data and watching max do more laps on the sim and then arguing with the engineers about set ups and issues. Data, Laps, Argue... In a continuous cycle.

It took Max a whole week to tell me we have analysts that will do it for me. I said that i knew that and i just preferred my work to be done thoroughly, in reality i didn't know that and from now on i will be giving it to them instead.

Standing in an airport again ready to fly to Bahrain was the highlight of the past month, we managed to make a faster car than we though was possible after the horrible testing we had. Adrian had done it again, however he didn't believe me when i said we could challenge Lewis this year.