<24>

I had just finished running some data past Adrian and we began walking towards the offices, he departed when I reached the door of Christians office. Waving goodbye as i let myself in, i saw Adrian look over his shoulder, maybe slightly curious to see why i was seeing Christian again this week.

"Hey Christian-" i stopped as i turned to the empty room.

I stood still for a moment before quickly turning around and shutting the door behind me. I swore to myself and instantly regretted that as i came face to face with Helmut.

"Gutentag." I said putting on a smile.

"Hallo." He said pulling me into a hug, "Is Christian in there?"

"No. You looking for him?" I asked politely.

"Yeah. Need to let him know about a couple issues but not urgent. Are those doughnuts from the cafe down the road?" He said noticing the paper bag in my hand.

"Uhh. Yeah. Look you can have them, i was going to share with Christian but he isn't here, I'm sure Adrian or someone wouldn't turn one down either." I sighed handing him the bag and his face lit up.

The little things with this man.

"Thanks. How is the race sim data coming along? Max has been in the simulator lots recently, you must be working him-" he began but then my phone started ringing, i pulled it out and instantly brought it to my chest as Val's name popped up on my screen.

"Ye i am. Sorry i have to take this. I will see you whenever? Ill bring more doughnuts." I chuckled and he gave me a thumbs up.

I waited a moment so that Helmut was a few metres down the corridor before i picked up, to be met with  Val's voice.

"Hey. Was I interrupting?" He said.

"No I just didn't want to answer the phone to my boyfriend whilst my boss boss was stood right infront of me. I thought we agreed to no work calling?" I chuckled then realised what i said.

I just called him my boyfriend.

On the phone.

To him.

He went silent for a moment, did he notice too? I mean I've been thinking about it recently after my conversation with Lewis yesterday : there is no label or boundaries. I want there to be something, it's really a matter of does he want it.

"Sorry, didn't realise you were at work."

Phew.

"Just had to run a little data but mot much. You not in?" I said opening the door back into Christian's office and stepping inside, closing it behind me.

"Nope. We have got Nyck in on the sim today so the old man gets a break." He laughed.

"What are you up to then, old man?" I said wandering round to the back of Christian's desk, checking that he had actually done his paperwork.

Surprisingly, he had.

"Relaxing at home really, there is wine, a comfortable sofa and movies here you know." Then he made a noise like a yawn, which make me roll my eyes.

"You know i would love to be there with you. Look, I have i think another hour here tops. If i bring a peace offering of some snacks..."

"You have a deal. I was going to offer dinner but I wasn't sure if you liked pasta." He said quietly.

I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear, "Pasta is great. I love pasta."

"Ok then. Pasta it is." I could hear in his voice he was also smiling.