<21>

Imola was two weekends later, Christian had improved, mentally, and returned to work a week ago. He stayed at mine for another 2 days and then went back home to spend the last week with the kids as Geri was away on a media trip.

He was pleasantly surprised on his return that his calendar was organised for once and i helped him catch back up to speed with all the meetings i had.

"Oh you didn't have to do that." He said flicking through the notes i made and smiling at me.

We flew out to Imola on his jet, just Christian, Max, Checo, Birdy and I and it was eventful to say the least. Max had found a deck of uno cards, him and Checo argued about the rules for a solid ten minutes, so Christian and I sat and played a whole game on our own whilst we waited, but eventually we made it without killing each other.

I've always liked Italy, just the atmosphere of the fans is enough to bring excitement. However my love for Italy was ruined when i realised the weather forecast for the weekend. Rain.

"Birdy, what are you thinking?" I said as we looked between the screens and the very dark looming cloud over our heads. Quali was in half an hour and every radar going was saying rain, heavy rain.

"I'm praying and hoping that at least the start or end of Q3 is dryish. Wet Quali's never, ever end well" he raised his eyebrows and got off his stool, "coffee?"

I nodded and cuddled up in my coat as a cool breeze hit me, i scanned the screen one more time, the dark blue blob of rain hardly moving across the screen. I sighed but then felt two hands on my shoulders and jumped.

"Woh its only me Scousey, why are you so jumpy?" Lewis said as i spun around to face him.

He was wearing his thick mercedes jacket over his race suit, which was unzipped and wrapped by the arms around his waist. He also had a beanie on, covering his hair. His face was still plastered with the same, cheeky smile and the glint in his eyes.

"Maybe you shouldn't creep up behind me then." I teased him and gave him a punch in the arm.

"How are you anyway? From what Valtteri told me you was being Horner for the week. I couldn't think of much worse." He chuckled and shoved his hands in his pockets, shivering.

"Ha yeah, long week but it was actually productive for us. Gave me a break i guess." I shrugged and Birdy appeared back at my side handing me a warm coffee which i wrapped my hands around, "thank you mate."

"I was meant to ask you, football, in a couple weeks. Fancy joining?" Lewis pointed at me.

Of course he would ask me to watch the Arsenal vs Liverpool game with him. Oh it would be entertaining to say the least.

"Ye just ping me your address and a time I'm pretty sure i am free." I smiled.

"No. I meant like actually going to the game." He chuckled and my face made an oh shape and formed an even wider smile.

"Are you sure? You aren't pulling my leg here." I could feel Birdy's eyes in the back of my head.

"Serious. Won't even make you sit in the Arsenal end, hospitality tickets on me."

"Oh thank you." I said placing my coffee down and getting off the pitwall to give him a hug.

"Ill message you, ok. I've got to dash though before I'm killed. Toto isn't in the best of moods."

"When is he ever?" I shrugged and jumped up on my stool waving goodbye to Lewis who skipped down the pitlane towards the mercedes garage.

I spun round and started drinking my coffee again, only to see Birdy looking at me with a raised eyebrow.