𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

2912

2912

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

Not so distant sirens are what woke Wyatt the next morning. After Pope and Kie's failed attempt at rescuing Sarah from the confines of her home, the Pogues were forced to retreat to The Wreck, where they spent the remainder of the night.

Wyatt sat up from her spot on one of the booth benches with a groan, looking around and seeing that JJ was already awake. He stood on the patio, staring through the mesh screening on lookout for any police cars.

Her shuffling made him look over at the girl.

"Mornin'." She rubbed her face groggily, noting how greasy her hair felt when it fell over her eyes.

JJ nodded once at her before focusing his attention back outside. "Mornin'."

"Did you sleep?"

He shrugged. "Not much."

"That's a first," Wyatt cocked her head with a small frown.

"Yeah, well my best friend's out there all by his lonesome and there's nothin' I can do to help him."

She sighed, not knowing how to comfort her best friend, which was a rare occurrence.

"We're all worried about him, man," she replied finally. "He'll be fine, though. I have a good feeling."

Pope shifted on the booth across from her, which caught both of their attention before JJ could respond. He groaned and sat up as JJ started flicking his lighter in his hand.

Wyatt watched from her seat as Pope walked over to the other boy.

"He's pinched for sure, man," JJ said, making her frown.

"No," Pope disagreed. "They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him."

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car," Kie started, startling Wyatt, who hadn't noticed her waking up. "They're probably looking for us, too."

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B," Pope said decidedly.

"I knew there was a fugitive in there somewhere, Pope," Wyatt smirked, referring to an earlier statement she'd remembered from a week or two ago.