𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

2199

2199

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

Wyatt felt eyes on her nearly the whole drive to Barry's house, though 'house' was putting it generously.

Much like her, Barry lived in a run-down mobile home on the Cut.

She knew her friends were wondering what Barry was talking about while he was interrogating her against the van. Unless they asked, though, she wouldn't be telling.

Otherwise, the trip was silent, no one wanting to relive what just went down.

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland," Sarah uttered as they pulled through Barry's neighborhood.

"I don't know about this, man," Pope voiced his skepticism.

JJ parked the van outside Barry's house once he'd found the right one, stepping out after double checking.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?"

"This'll only take a second," he responded.

"Where you goin'?" John B called after him.

"Yo soy justicia!"

"Did you glean anything from that?" Pope asked.

Wyatt sighed. "'I am justice.' He wants revenge."

"You know somebody should probably–"

"Yeah, I got it," John B nodded at Kie before stepping out of the passenger's seat.

"Right."

Wyatt stepped out of the back to lean against the door, not liking where this was headed.

"So, what was Barry talking about?" Kie asked the girl.

She sighed, hanging her head in thought about how to answer. In the end, she chose to tell the truth.

With a shrug, Wyatt simply said, "Barry is one of my dad's dealers. My dad owes him money. He came by my house the other day looking for him and found me instead."

"Oh, my god," Sarah muttered.

"Did he do anything?" Pope asked.

Wyatt shook her head. "I told him I didn't know where my dad was and he left."

"Just like that?" Kie asked skeptically.

"They're taking an awfully long time," the girl brushed her off. "I'm gonna go check–"

The screen door slamming open is what cut her off as JJ stepped out, pumped full of adrenaline with a duffel bag in his hand.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all."