𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚜𝚒𝚡

2692

2692

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

Wyatt left the Château early the next morning, before her friends were awake and even before the sun was completely up. She had a very important errand to run.

After stopping by her house to pick something up, Wyatt rushed to the police station. She hated it there, but she had a good reason.

Upon stepping up to the front counter, she set down three separate stacks of cash. The woman seated behind the counter looked up at Wyatt in question.

"There's a kid– JJ Maybank owes thirty thousand in restitution, and I'd like to pay it anoy– anno–" Wyatt huffed. "Without him or anyone knowing it was me."

"Anonymously?"

"Yeah," Wyatt nodded, looking down as her cheeks grew red from embarrassment.

The woman sighed, grabbing the money from the counter to count it.

"Normally you'd do this online or mail it, but taking the hurricane into account, I'll let it slide."

"Oh, thank you," she nodded, waiting patiently.

After a few minutes, the woman nodded. "It's all here. Would you like a receipt, hun?"

"Uh, no thanks."

She squinted at Wyatt but nodded again. "Alright then. I'll file this and send the party a notice. Have a nice day."

"You, too," Wyatt smiled at her before heading for the door. She received a few scowls from certain officers on her way out.

No matter how well liked she was around the island, Wyatt was still a Pogue with a history of theft and violence. Police didn't like her almost as much as she didn't like them.

Peterkin was almost an exception.

Wyatt had about twenty dollars in leftover cash in her pocket, and she was feeling good. On her way back to the Château, she bought an assortment of donuts. $6.89 felt a little pricey for a dozen, but she didn't let it dampen her mood.

She got back just as her friends were roaming around the living room, looking groggy.

"Oh, hey," Kie greeted Wyatt once she stepped through the front door. "Where were you?"

The girl smiled and held up the bright pink box for Kie and the others to see.

She gasped in delight. "You got donuts? Oh, I could marry you right now."

"No one's stopping you," Wyatt replied, setting the box down on the coffee table that had been pushed to the side to make room for the pullout couch.

JJ stepped out of the bedroom at almost the same time as Pope stepped out of the bathroom.