𝚝𝚠𝚘

1621

1621

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

"Hey, wasn't your DCS thing today?" Wyatt asked John B beside her as they stared at a screen displaying the news in a surf shop.

"Yup," he replied, looking down at her before they exited the store.

Hurricane Agatha was on her way, and the warning sirens blared to prove it.

Wyatt trailed behind him as he pulled out his phone to make a call. "Hey, Howie, Maria," she greeted with a smile.

"Yeah," JB spoke into the phone, "I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule."

Wyatt helped a woman behind her board up the windows of the shop while she waited for John B to finish his call.

He came up and tapped her on the shoulder, signaling it was time to go. She set down the hammer she'd borrowed and grabbed her skateboard.

JB looked down at her with a gleam in his eyes. "You wanna surf the surge?"

Wyatt smiled up at him with just as much enthusiasm. "What kind of question is that?"

They called Pope on the way, who met them with his board down at the beach.

"That's a double overhead, bro," Pope shouted over the harsh winds that were blowing Wyatt's hair into her face.

"Double overhead?" John B asked in mock hesitance.

"Look at that whitewater!" Wyatt exclaimed in near amazement. "That's crazy."

The trio stopped behind the 'Beach Closed' sign to stare at the water, lightning flashing in the distance.

"Those aren't surfable waves, bro," Pope looked between his two friends.

John B only laughed. "Says who?" He ran ahead.

"Only for the weak and feeble," Wyatt smirked back at Pope before following JB.

Out on the water, Wyatt started realizing Pope might've been right after being tossed from her board about ten times.

The rain pelted her skin as she came up from a dive, and thunder rolled across the sky. Wyatt started paddling back to shore, seeing Pope doing the same. She was about halfway when she realized John B wasn't following.

Wyatt sat up on her board and shouted out the boy's name. He seemed to be staring at something Wyatt couldn't see, but snapped out of it at the sound of his name being called.

Pope and John B went home, and Wyatt met JJ walking around outside their houses.

"What are you doing out here?" she called over the rain to get his attention. The boy turned to her before frowning.