𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

1764

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

1764

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

Wyatt sat upside down next to Kiara on the bench at the Château the next day. The Pogues were hanging out, as usual. Kie was playing the bongos haphazardly, Pope was reading a book (big surprise), JJ was throwing rocks at the dirt, Wyatt was trying to lick the tip of her nose, and John B was thinking. Just thinking.

"Look, I'm callin' it off, all right?" JB told the group, who each stopped what they were doing to frown at him. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I believe her, JJ."

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop."

"Look, all I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple days, and she'll help me out. It doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

JJ shook his head, throwing another rock. "You know what I should've done, man? I should've just let Topper drown your ass."

"Yeah, because Topper was gonna drown me?" JB rolled his eyes.

"Sure looked like it. I mean, have you looked in the mirror recently?"

JJ was right. His methods may have been a little unorthodox, but his intentions were pure. And the dark bruise around John B's eye wasn't helping his case.

"Come on. Come on, tell me some more," John B threw his hands out in defense. "Come on."

"Guys, can we not fight, please?" Wyatt's plead fell on deaf ears as JJ continued the argument, standing to walk closer to the rest of the Pogues.

"They always win, don't they, man? Kooks versus Pogues. They always, always win!" He punched one of the plastic buoys JB had strung up over the doorframe. "Goddamn!"

"Okay, look, it's okay," Kie tried.

"No, it's not okay!" JJ told her, making Wyatt sit upright in her seat. "It is not! They don't want us to go down into the marsh. That means there's something down there, and you know it. I know you do."

Wyatt found herself cocking her head in agreement.

"And I understand why you don't wanna go. You're the golden boy. You got way too much to risk," JJ continued to Pope, before turning to Kie. "And you– I mean, you're already rich as fuck anyway. Why would you bother? But, you, me, and Wy, man, we got nothin' to lose! We really don't, all right?"

"JJ," John B warned.

"And I know it didn't used to be that way for you."

"I don't wanna to talk about this. I don't wanna to talk about it."