𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

1731

1731

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

"And then we were right outside like this."

JJ leaned up against the outer brick of the Château, demonstrating to Pope and Kie (who didn't go to Lana's house with their friends) what he experienced.

"And all we hear, is just, 'bam! Bam! Bam!' Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at them, like–" JJ paused, walking over to his friends and bending so they could see the paint chips falling from his hair. "Wait, first off, look at this shit. Look at it."

"That's dandruff, disgusting," Kie grimaced, sitting beside Wyatt on the porch bench, as usual.

"Okay, thank you," Pope scooted away from the boy in his chair.

"Look at all that, all right?" JJ pointed at the paint chips that floated to the floor. "That's paint. At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death."

"Oh, okay," Pope massaged his temple. "So, you saw the guys they shot at us, right?"

"Yeah."

"Um, did you get a good description of them? What did they look like?"

"Yeah, anything," Kie nodded, looking up at JJ hopefully.

"Anything we can bring to, like, a police report?" Pope asked while their blonde friend paused in thought.

"Burly," JJ answered.

Pope stared at him. "Burly?"

"Yeah, you know, like–"

"That's not very helpful," Kie sighed.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage," JJ explained. "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers."

"Yeah, we– Yes. No, we know."

"I can tell you with full confidence, guys, these boys, these killers..." JJ paused to take a hit from his pen. "They're square groupers."

"They're square groupers, like narco square grouper?" Pope clarified in disbelief. "Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?"

"Yeah, man."

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie," Kie restrained from rolling her eyes.

"Okay, so what does this square grouper look like?" Pope turned to fully face JJ. "Specifically."

"You weren't there, bro!" JJ shouted back.

"Because, apparently, you don't know what to look for."

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental polaroids the entire time, man. I was under duress, okay?" JJ sighed. "But I can tell you... I can tell you by the way that Ms. Lana was screaming... that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man."