𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

2332

2332

Please don't be silent readers. Comment, vote, and enjoy!

>><<

"Dude, where is he?" Kie paced on the dock anxiously.

After their feud with Rafe and Barry at the warehouse, it took about thirty minutes to reach the dock and get the boat in the water. They were pretty sure Wyatt had a concussion from hitting her head on the concrete when Barry tackled her.

She was pretty out of it, opting to sit in the car instead of the boat while they waited. The rocking of the boat would've made her dizzier than she already felt.

It was difficult to hear her friends' conversation by the boat from the car, but she did hear the sirens before them as a police car approached.

Everyone tensed, preparing to bolt, and Wyatt sunk further into her seat until she saw who stepped out from behind the wheel.

John B, sweaty but alive and free, approached the boat with a small smirk.

"Shoupe let me take it for a spin."

"Okay, that's believable," Kie said sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. "I'll buy that for now."

"It wasn't easy, bro, but I got The Phantom for you," JJ smirked. "And she runs like she was made yesterday."

Wyatt carefully stepped out of the SUV, only stumbled slightly but bracing herself against the door before making her way to John B. He looked between her and her friends in confusion.

JJ answered his unasked question for her. "Like I said, it wasn't easy."

"Rafe and Barry jumped us," Pope explained.

John B frowned, looking around after hugging Wyatt. "Where's Sarah?"

"She's not with you?" Kie asked in concern.

"No, no. We got separated in the swamp. She said she was gonna meet me here."

"No, no. We haven't seen her, man," Pope frowned.

"Kay, well, I'm not leaving without her."

"John B, look at me, man," JJ said. "I know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time, man. You've got plenty of gas. You got plenty of food. Once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to Dismal Swamp, okay? Once you get there, lay low, all right? Hang out for a couple of weeks and then go overland across the border at Brownsville, you got that? Brownsville."

John B didn't answer, staring off into the trees with conflict.

"You– Hey!" JJ grabbed his head to face him. "You got that?"

"Yeah, yeah. Brownsville," John B nodded.

"All right," he stepped back into the boat. "Saddle her up, saltwater cowboy. Let's do this. Yeah."