one

hello helloooooo im backkkkkk. after a long roller coaster of life for the past 3-4-ish months, it feels good to be updating weekly again😭

fun fact: when i was a kid i was obsessed with the movie the princess diaries. now as a semi-functioning adult, i continue to watch it whenever i need comfort. so, that's what sparked the idea for this book😇

enough rambling and let's get the show started. it's not proofread but it's me so why would it be? 🤭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: trauma talk, threats
word count: 3737

"Good morning Nostia! I'm your host Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in. There have been some changes happening with the Royal Family this morning. There seems to be reports of a new security team being brought in to help the beloved granddaughter and grandmother duo. Just last week the palace set out a statement claiming that there were reports of assassination attempts and mysterious boxes showing up at their doors. The target of these attacks? The young princess of Nostia, Y/f/n. Princess Y/n is set to take the throne once her twenty-seventh birthday has arrived later this year. Will the princess live to see the day? That's a question a lot of us are asking ourselves, as well as the palace themselves."

"Turn off this insufferable nonsense," Y/n mumbled as she walked out of her bathroom. One of her many housekeepers followed after her, swiftly turning off the TV in the process. "Damn news reporters will do anything to marginalize me."

"Perhaps they're showing the kingdom that these threats aren't to be taken lightly, Your Highness," Julia, one of her housekeepers, said and smiled softly at Y/n. "They'll catch the one in charge of these threats, just like they did last time."

"Or to make a mockery of me. All the media wants is attention," Y/n said and crossed her arms as she headed towards her window. There were about fifteen to twenty news reports standing outside the gates of the palace. "I wish the queen didn't pay any attention to them. Having help from other countries might make the public view us as weak and unable to handle our own problems. That's never a good thing."

The young princess looked down and noticed the team of men walking around the garden area. Two of them were talking to each other before walking over to a nearby potted plant and turning it over, effectively killing it to see if anything was in the plant. Obviously, nothing was in there.

Both men didn't even bother to try and clean up their mess. They simply walked off like they weren't responsible for it.

"That's it!" Y/n shouted as she walked back into her closet. Julia was fearful of the young princess at this moment. "This godforsaken man-in-charge has hidden himself away for too long!"

"Your Highness—"

"I demand to meet this bald-headed man who thinks he has the right to tear through this palace like an animal!" the princess shouted as she grabbed herself the matching coat. "Julia, you see them turning over every potted plant and expensive decor as if something is here for God's sake! But it's no surprise they aren't trained properly because they come from an organization ran by lazy bast--"

"Princess Y/n, they were hired because of the thr—"

"You really believe this lousy agency is going to come and magically stop all those threats? Nostia once received thousands of terrorist threats when we gained our rightful independence," Y/n said and clenched her haw tightly. Julia swallowed harshly as she nodded her head. Y/n walked out of her bedroom with Julia chasing after her, debating whether or not it was worth trying to calm the princess down. "Now, some spineless idiots are whispering words of caution to the queen for her to ask other countries for help when it's not needed."