fifteen

hello helloooooo! i cannot wait for next week because i will officially have a new schedule at work and plenty more time to write/create chaos🤭

also isn't it wild we only have five more chapters to go? where has the time gone?👀

also not proofread because i've been ✨busy✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW suggested, fighting, mentions of death, mention of suicide, nudity, angst
word count: 4110

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Enter," Margaret's once loving voice was now nowhere to be heard. Y/n took a deep breath before opening the door and walking in. Her grandmother looked up and immediately set down the papers in front of her. Y/n shut the door before walking in and sitting in the chair in front of the queen.

It had been a full twenty-four hours since Y/n's engagement. She missed her grandmother at breakfast and lunch, and was barely seeing her for the first time today. Y/n could feel the disappointment that coated the entire room like smoke. What could have possibly happened to make Queen Margaret this upset at one o'clock in the afternoon? Y/n had no idea.

The two didn't say anything as they just looked at each other. Margaret's eyes darkened with anger as she just looked at her granddaughter. Y/n could feel herself slowly starting to sink into the chair, wanting to curl into her own body to avoid the stare.

"I should be happy about your engagement, but I am not," Margaret said and took off her glasses. She placed them down in front of her. "Do you have any idea as to why I am not happy with your engagement to Stephen?"

Y/n could feel her heart drop. She tried to remain stone-like and not give away her fear, but that was quickly failing.

"Yesterday, I heard through two blabbering royal workers that you had no interest in Stephen," Margaret said and clenched her jaw. Y/n swallowed harshly as she looked down at the desk in front of her, no longer being able to look at her grandmother in the eye. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."

Y/n shut her eyes tightly and tilted her head up. She sighed before opening her eyes and looking directly into her grandmother's angry soul.

"They said that you and Agent Prentiss possibly had something going on. Something that should not be happening," Margaret said and tilted her head slightly. Y/n felt the tears build up in her eyes. She hated disappointing her grandmother, especially over something she couldn't help. "So it's true. I can see it in your eyes."

Y/n's lip trembled as she sat up. "Yes, but I—"

Queen Margaret scoffed before smacking her hand down against the desk. She looked around the room because she couldn't stand to look at her granddaughter at the moment.

"How long?" Margaret asked and turned her attention back to her granddaughter. The fact that Y/n was opening and closing her mouth without saying anything was a great indicator that this something had still been going on. "Do you have any idea what kind of risk you are taking with this? This would destroy us—destroy you in particular!"

"I am well aware of that—"

"Then why did you do such a careless thing!" Margaret shouted as she stood up.

"Because I love her!" Y/n yelled at the top of her lungs as she stood up. Margaret's shoulders dropped. She stared into her granddaughter's eyes, not recognizing her anymore. "Because she is the only person in this dreadful place that understands me! She saw me at my worse and still tried to understand! She is caring, loving, and gentle, nothing like anyone else here! She doesn't snap orders at me and expect me to obey them! She doesn't belittle me about my mistakes! She is everything to me, far more than this goddamn country and that stupid crown!"