seven

hello hello everyone! happy saturday! early morning update since your favorite author has a million things to do. june too quickly for my liking. we shall see where july leads us😭

also if you're in the US, my heart is aching at this recent supreme court ruling against LGBTQ+ individuals. as someone who lives in a red state, the news of this is shaking me too much. i had to cry it out yesterday. i'm still trying to process everything🤍

anywhooooo, allow me to distract y'all who are currently coping with this. not proofread because some thing never change🫶

also i have to laugh at the complete irony that this message is landing on a SMUT chapter😭

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: smut, 18+, all the other smut tags since im writing this half asleep
word count: 3789

"Good morning Nostia! I'm your host Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in. We've heard a bit of some rumors rumbling regarding the royal family. News is that the ball for Princess Y/n's twenty-seventh birthday will also serve as an opportunity for any young royal man to show interest in her. How true is this? We're only speculating since it's been radio silent from the new security team. Times ticking and so is the princess's biological clock!"

"There you are. I have something for you," Y/n said and walked by Emily. The raven-haired woman furrowed her eyebrows as she followed after the princess. Once they got to the private living room, Y/n waved the envelope right in front of her as she set down her bag on the nearby couch. Emily smiled softly as she grabbed it from the princess. One the back was the coat of arms for Nostia in a wax seal. Emily flipped the envelope and saw the name written in delicate cursive. "If you choose my pen name, I choose yours."

"Xandra?" Emily asked and raised an eyebrow. A small smile took over her face once she remembered the origins of the name. "Protector?"

"You chose Hera, which is queen of gods, and you're judging my cliché pen name for you?" Y/n asked sarcastically. Emily chuckled as she stuffed the letter into her coat. "I, too, left you some questions for you. You're not the only one with curiosity about your job and life."

"I look forward to reading them," Emily said and patted the area of her blazer where the letter was. She glanced down at her watch and noticed the time. Her eyes nearly popped out of her head. "You have a—"

"—Meeting with parliament in twenty minutes, I know," Y/n said and nodded her head. "I'm trying to get them to appeal the decision they made about a potential marriage. If not, they have to hand over the money to push back the coronation. We had everything paid for already. We just needed the invitations. However knowing them, I'll be stuck there all day. These kind of things never move with haste."

She smoothed her hands over her skirt to get rid of the clamminess. Emily finally took in the outfit that she was wearing. A forest green skirt that reached just below her knees, a simple white blouse, and warm copper brown high heels.

"How do I look?" Y/n asked and opened her hands up, allowing her to get a full view at the outfit. Emily just kept looking at her, taking in every micro detail of this woman. "Do I look like I could lead a country?"

"You look—you look beautiful," Emily said softly. Y/n smiled as she could feel her cheeks heat up. "Definitely powerful enough to lead a country or several."

Y/n hummed and walked back to her bag before slinging it over her shoulder. "You compliment me too much."

"That's because you deserve the nice compliment," Emily said mindlessly. The young princess picked up on the subtle flirting, even though Emily didn't want it to seem like that. "Green is your color."