fourteen

i'm currently re-watching grey's anatomy, and let me just say how i think it is so attractive when someone calls someone else by their FULL name. arizona calling callie "calliope" will ALWAYS get me. as someone who gets called by a nickname instead of my real name, it just HITS 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

not proofread because it's not🤷‍♀️

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: angst (lots of it), mentions of murder
word count: 3428

"Good morning Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in! Head royal designer, Salma Lawrence, has been seen leaving the palace several times these last two weeks. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hears wedding bells in the distance. The duke of Mertz must hurry before Princess Y/n's biological clock runs out of time."

Emily finished dressing herself as she looked in the mirror. She clenched her jaw tightly. At this moment in time, she truly hated her job. She never got to spend any more time with Y/n. It pained her that she had to watch her devote her time to someone else.

Y/n's entire life has been focused around Stephen. He was the axis her world turned on. Needless to say, Emily hated every second of it.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Emily furrowed her eyebrows she turned to the door. She opened it and saw an unexpected visitor waiting there.

"Good morning, Agent Prentiss," Margaret said and smiled softly. Emily was taken back by her presence before she realized who was speaking to and bowed her head.

"Your Majesty, this is a surprise," Emily said and smiled forcefully. "What can I help you with?"

"Your company for today. Collin is feeling a bit under the weather. I wouldn't dare catch a cold amidst all this work," Margaret said and gestured her finger towards her office. "Please allow me the pleasure of boring you just for today."

"I'd be honored," Emily said and nodded her head. Her smile growing more sincere now. "Breakfast?"

Truthfully, Collin was feeling sick, but he was tasked to keep the queen updated on any possible signs of a proposal from Stephen. That included Collin being assigned outside for the foreseeable future. They couldn't risk telling Emily because of her close relationship with the princess. They wanted it to be a surprise.

Additionally, Queen Margaret requested Emily's presence at breakfast because Y/n would not be joining them. The princess had been greeted by an early breakfast at the beach by Stephen. And frankly, this would be the first breakfast in twenty-seven years that Queen Margaret would have spent alone.

Y/n always joined her for every meal. However, now things were changing.

Emily offered Queen Margaret her some help as they walked down the stairs. The older woman gladly took it and linked their arms together.

Unknowingly to Emily, the paparazzi weren't the only ones watching her. Princess Y/n walked the garden area with her arm linked with Stephen's. She could take her eyes off of Emily's gentleness with her grandmother. It made her heart swoon. And for a second, the princess found herself fantasying about what life would be with Emily. She imagined children running around, squealing as Emily chased them. She pictured her lover coming over and planting a kiss on her head before handing her a drink. She thought about how life would be like, living as the first queer Nostian queen married to this magnetic force of a woman.

"Don't you think?" Stephen asked and looked over towards Y/n. He saw her attention was somewhere else and followed her line of sight. It landed on the duo that walked towards the secluded garden table for breakfast. Stephen comfortingly patted Y/n's hand, effectively gaining her attention. "I can tell you're worried about her, but you know that your grandmother is in good hands."