thirteen

hello helloooooo! right now, there's been a lot of rain in my hometown. it makes me want to lay around all day and rewatch twilight and carmilla for the millionth time😗🫶

also not proofread because i just started season 1 of carmilla again🙂

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of death, angst
word count: 3366

"Good morning, Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in. The Duke of Mertz and Princess Y/n have been seen throughout the week at the palace. According to inside sources, the two have apparently grown very fond of each other. We can practically hear the wedding bells in the distance. Has Princess Y/n finally found the perfect one, or will this royal 'it-couple' seemingly fall apart?"

"I am acutely aware of the threats that you now seem to care about," Margaret said and walked down the palace hallways with Y/n by her side. Both Emily and Collin were in the background, seemingly forgotten due to the arguing. "You will be in the trusted hands of Stephen Wells. I assure you that nothing will happen."

"I'd much prefer if Agent Prentiss drove us," Y/n said and gestured to the woman behind her. "She's the head of security and my personal watcher for heaven's sake."

"It's done," Margaret said and kept her eyes locked onto Y/n's. "You two need to spend as much time with each other as possible before the wedding. It's good for press, for your relationship, and for me to convince parliament that this won't fall through."

"Nana—"

The large palace doors opened as Stephen walked in. He was perfect, yet simple, in a pair of black jeans, a white button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, and black boots.

His eyes laid onto the princess. She was dressed modernly in a red blouse, dark brown pants, and matching brown heels. She's perfect.

"Good morning, Your Majesty, Your Highness," Stephen said and bowed his head. His eyes quickly shifted towards the two security guards in the back. "Agent Prentiss, Agent Thomas, I hope you don't mind me stealing the princess away for a little while. I would be honored to take her to see Salma Lawrence in the city."

"Actually—"

"We were just discussing it. We are thrilled that you two are venturing off into the city together, right Y/n?" Margaret said and looked over at Y/n. She managed to beat out Y/n's possibly regretful words before they could escape her lips. "You two better head over there now. Your appointment is soon."

"Of course," Y/n said with a tight smile. Stephen smiled as he offered Y/n his hand. She took it before they both headed out towards the palace doors. Emily kept her eyes on the ground the entire time as they walked hand-in-hand to the car. Both royals managed to slip on their sunglasses before getting into the sun.

All of them could hear the media having a blast capturing pictures of the happy couple. Emily's eyes were filled with jealousy as she watched Stephen open the door for Y/n and shut it carefully once she was in. Soon enough, the car was started and left the front gate of the palace.

Emily was about to head back inside when Queen Margaret grabbed her by the arm, halting her movement. "Have the city team watch them like hawks."

"Your Majesty, if you required eyes on both of them, I could have gone—"

"No, no, we didn't need someone they know is security present with them. We need to give them the opportunity of falling in love with no awkwardness of a third party involved," Margaret said and turned both of them as they headed back inside. "The city security team just needs to keep an eye on them. Especially, since the person causing the threats has stopped altogether. Make sure they are safe."