seventeen

early update since your friendly neighborhood author has a very important meeting with a program i am interested in. finger crossed that the bags under my eyes aren't too noticeable🙂

also how are we feeling about guts?? i personally love the grudge since i relate a little to much😀

not proofread because why not✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: cheating, food avoidance, mentions of death
word count: 3345

Salma entered the quiet halls as she walked up to Y/n's new bedroom. It was much larger than the previous one. Her grandmothers things had all been moved out and put in storage for Y/n to deal with later. All of the servants were now in all black outfits and gearing up for the funeral taking place today. Salma approached the semi-shut door and peeked inside.

Y/n was inside just staring at her own reflection in the new vanity. Salma pushed the door slightly before Y/n's eyes flicked over to her. That look alone had one matching statement: 'Help me.'

"My queen, I am so sorry for your loss," Salma said quietly as she entered the bedroom, bowing her head. Her heart broke. Her strong, witty, charming princess was nowhere to be seen anymore. All that remained of her was a shell of the woman she once was. "Please, let me help you get dressed."

Y/n didn't say anything as she just nodded her head.

Salma tried to get Y/n to hold a conversation the entire time they were getting her ready. Instead, she was met with silence and just a simple hum every time Salma suggested something. It was clear to everyone that the queen was trying her hardest to hold herself together, but Salma saw right through it.

"There you are," Salma said and took a step back. She admired Y/n's custom cape dress. Salma even went ahead and provided Y/n with a matching set of black gloves that went to her elbows and a wide-brimmed black hat to hide her face slightly. Salma perfected the look by adding black pantyhose and black heels. The designer even pulled some jewelry from Queen's Margaret's collection and put Y/n in gold dangling earrings.

Truthfully, Y/n didn't want to see anyone who wasn't Salma or Emily. She had no desire to put on a strong front for her people, and she especially didn't want to be under the hawk eyes of parliament. All she wanted was to live in darkness for the rest of her days. Her life was now completely on a different course and moving at an alarming rate.

Once Y/n exited the room, she saw Emily standing there. She was dressed in her new suit jacket that Queen Margaret had requested Salma to make the security team before her death. They didn't say anything to each other. The look in their eyes was enough to show that they wanted to just run into each other's arms and stay there for eternity.

But that wasn't possible, servants were around. Y/n walked directly past Emily, her pinky finger reaching out. Emily's did the same as they lightly grazed the other. That was satisfying enough for both of them.

Salma noticed but kept her eyes forward, helping Y/n down the stairs. Emily sighed deeply before following after the two women.

Y/n was escorted out by security to the front of the palace. She was met with several policemen on motorcycles, members of parliament, and other royals coming from islands that Nostia ruled. They all were waiting for her. Even Stephen looked up at her with his dark blue eyes, waiting for her next move. All of them bowed their heads as Y/n walked down to the front of the line. She took a deep breath in before turning her attention forward. It wasn't until now that she noticed the hearse in front of her. She could see that the casket was covered with Nostia's flag.