six

good morning everyoneeeeee! i'm currently having the biggest writer's block with isn't good for my writing schedule. i need a massage or like two melatonin gummies for sleep🤠

not proofread because why not✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: slight degrading
word count: 3533

"Good morning, Nostia! I'm your host, Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in. Today marks a particularly special day for the royal family. Twenty-seven years ago today, the marvelous Princess Y/n was born into the role she was destined to obtain—Queen of Nostia. We're all very excited to see what announcements the royal family has, particularly about any potential husband material found. Time ticking and the princess isn't getting any younger."

Emily felt a bit lighter on her feet as she walked through the halls of the palace. She headed down to the kitchen, managing to grab one of the freshly baked muffins and a quick coffee before going off to find the princess.

Of course, she looked in her usual spot. It wasn't a surprise that when she approached the secluded area that she could hear the familiar voices. Emily smiled softly at the two women before bowing her head. "Good morning, Your Majesty, Your Highness."

"Oh, thank goodness you're here, Agent Prentiss! I was just offering Y/n my opinion about the bouquets that we need to order for the ball," Margaret said and turned the magazine towards Emily. The raven-haired woman flicked her eyes over to Y/n, checking to see if it was alright. Once she got a small nod, she leaned over and examined the choices. "I'm fond of any lilies or daisies. Y/n is thinking roses."

"I think a mixture of both would be the best option. These flowers are gorgeous," Emily said and locked eyes with the Queen. Y/n bit back her sarcastic comment and grabbed the magazine.

"Thank you, Agent Prentiss, for settling this tie-breaker," Y/n said and couldn't keep her eyes away from Emily. "Please sit. I'd like to have company while my grandmother goes on and on about this ball next week."

"You only get to have a ball for your twenty-seventh birthday once," Margaret said and placed her glasses down on the bridge of her nose. Emily smiled and gladly took a seat in between the two royals. "Speaking of, I have a meeting with parliament in twenty minutes."

"Another one?" Y/n asked and watched the queen stand up. Margaret looked sad as she clasped her hands together. "You said parliament would leave you alone today at your request."

"One of the many things you will learn as queen is that there are no rest days," Margaret said and tightened her lips. Emily kept her eyes down, not wanting to see the young princess upset. She walked over to Y/n and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'll make it up to you."

"You didn't even touch your food," Y/n said and gestured her head towards the meal. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a serving of fruit that would most likely go to waste. Margaret reached over and grabbed the small cup of fruit. She leaned over and kissed Y/n's head.

"I love you. I'll be done with my meeting in no time," Margaret said and patted Y/n's shoulder. She cleared her throat which instantly got Emily's attention. "Agent Prentiss, if you could, please get my granddaughter to decide on a meal for dinner tonight. The kitchen is waiting for her birthday request."

"I'll see what I can do, Your Majesty," Emily said and nodded her head at the older woman. Margaret hummed before saying a quick goodbye to the two of them. She left the garden area with her cup of fruit in hand and Colin directly behind her.

Emily turned and glanced at the young princess. Once Y/n felt eyes on her, she turned and met Emily's gaze. "What?"

"I have something for you. Hopefully, it'll make you happy," Emily said and reached into her inside blazer pocket. It was an envelope with a name scribbled down on it. Emily shyly handed it to the princess, who took it without a second thought. "I know it's not much, but I couldn't go on with my day without giving you a birthday gift. Happy birthday, Your Highness."