eight

hello hello hellooooo! i can confidently say that speak now taylor's version is my favorite of all the re-releases. i was ugly crying to my favorite songs on there that i haven't in years (*clears throat* never grow up)🤠

also as we quickly approach august, my new job will be taking more time out of me, so, unfortunately, i will have to spend less and less time on the internet. however, i will be keeping up with weekly updates unless stated otherwise🫶

enough rambling, let's get into it! not proofread because ✨no✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: slight betrayal, semi-morbid jokes, swearing, mentions of drinking
word count: 3595

"Good morning Nostia! I'm your host Tiffany Evans, and thank you for tuning in! Tonight is Princess Y/n's twenty-seventh birthday ball. The princess is set to take the crown later on this year once she is married. Some of the world's most desirable bachelors will attend, hoping to catch the princess's attention. Take your bets now on who will win over the princess and be the lucky one to rule beside her."

"So, have any of these boys caught your eye?" Salma asked and smirked softly. Y/n grunted as she tightened her hold on the bed post. Salma tugged roughly at the corset straps, making sure Y/n's body was secured in. "I don't blame you. They all look like they'd laugh at a fart joke."

Y/n groaned and roll her eyes. "I cannot believe that parliament disagreed with my argument about the mandatory marriage. They happily paid for the coronation to be postponed to see me suffer from swimming in the immaturity pool of boys they have to offer."

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Emily carefully opened the door slightly and saw Y/n standing there in her corset. Her eyes immediately fell to the floor. "Salma, there's a man here with a large package for you. It's cleared to come up."

"That would be the princess's dress," Salma said and pulled at the straps, causing Y/n to step back to keep her balance. "Agent Prentiss, come be a lifesaver and finish her up. It's almost done."

Emily nodded her head as she opened the door for Salma. Once she walked out, the two women locked eyes with each other. Emily smiled softly at Y/n before walking behind her. Her black thick heel boots created a loud echo of her footsteps to be heard.

Y/n finally got a good look at her. Long textured grey pants and a matching blazer, coupled with a tight black button-down shirt. The top three buttons allowed Emily to breath slightly. Emily also wore some long layered silver necklaces.

The princess was practically eating her up with her eyes.

Needless to say, they hadn't spoken about the events between them. It wasn't even twenty-four hours since.

"Tell me if it's too tight," Emily said softly as she pulled at the straps. Y/n inhaled sharply as she held onto the bedpost. The princess admired Emily through the mirror. She noticed the way Emily rubbed her lips together when she was concentrating and the way her eyes squinted.

"I will need some help taking this off after the ball," Y/n whispered and couldn't help the smirk that formed on her face. Emily simply finished up the last pull on the corset and smiled shyly. "That's only if you'd like to."

"I'd like that very much," Emily whispered and gently placed her hands on the princess's waist. Y/n glanced down and noticed how light and hovering Emily's touch was. "There's too many people awake."

Y/n turned in her arms and furrowed her eyebrows. Her hands glided over the rough material of her blazer. Emily watched as the princess's attention drifted to her suit. The delicate hands lowered onto the smooth black material of her shirt. Y/n looked at Emily through her eyelashes as her fingers found the third opened buttons. She clasped it to its designated hole on the opposite side of the shirt. The two of them never looked away from each other's eyes. Emily could tell that the princess didn't want to button it, but rather undo the rest.