𝐎𝐍𝐄

-ˏˋ time changed, we're different ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❇️ ꒱

For the past 10 minutes, you've been staring at a young boy who was around your age staring at the fruit hanging from a tree, perhaps he was waiting for it to fall.

As a kid, you were a little afraid of going outside, hence why you're always cooped up in your bedroom. But seeing that poor boy, you wanted to step outside for the first time in weeks just to lend him a helping hand.

And that's what you did. You ran out of your bedroom, startling your mother who was cutting up some vegetables for lunch. "(Y/n), wait!" She shouted, but you paid no mind to her.

Finally reaching the same boy, you realized he had dark green hair and soft pointed ears which resembled that of a desert fennec fox. You didn't know whether he dyed it or not and if the ears were real or fake, but you were sure of one thing. You wanted to touch it.

He seemed to notice your presence, so he looked behind to see you. You were standing still while looking at him, and that made him quite nervous. Were you expecting something?

"A-Aren't you gonna bow?" You decided to speak up, and he looked at you confused. "Why would I?" He asked. "Well, I'm a princess. Shouldn't you have respect for royalty?" You asked, and he couldn't tell if you were joking or not.

Your father often called you a princess, perhaps you took it too seriously?

"Uh, if you're a princess, you should be powerful enough to get that for me, right?" He pointed at the sunsettia hanging from the tree. It wouldn't harm to play along with your "roleplay" anyway.

"Oh, uh... Yes! But not for free. I need something in return." That was a lie, you had no idea how you were going to get the fruit. You weren't a vision holder, so you only had one solution for this.

You started climbing the tree, and a terrified mother of yours ran in your direction. "Oh dear, what are you doing?" She asked.

You reached your hand out to grab the fruit, but you were interrupted by your mother who put you down gently. You looked at the boy with a frown, and he was sure you were about to burst out crying any second now.

He tugged the skirt of your mother, and she looked down. "Sunsettia?" He pointed at the fruit once again, and your mother picked three.

He sure had his priorities.

She gave one to him, and you looked at your mother like an angry kid who got her candy stolen. If she didn't interrupt you, you could've been the one to give him the fruit, and maybe he would've let you touch his ears in return!

It was when your mother gave him a head pat that you were sure your whole body froze. And you weren't the only one, the boy was probably too stunned to speak too.

That action of hers was enough to draw the kid away, and he ran away while holding the fruit tightly. Darn it, you didn't even get his name...

"Huh, did I do something wrong?" Your mother asked you confused, and you continued to look at her a little upset. Just like the boy predicted, you burst into tears while your mother looked at you with shock, not knowing what to do.

"Whoa! What's wrong little princess?" She asked while trying to comfort you.

She just blew your chances of making a new friend...