𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

-ˏˋ straight up ahead you'll find a sign ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❇️ ꒱

You looked around Tighnari's room with excitement, and you noticed something. He sure had lots of flowers in his bedroom.

"Do you like flowers?" You asked, and he quickly ran to you. "No!" He denied the question, and he pulled you away from his collection of flowers.

"Why are you so defensive?" You asked, determined to get an answer out of him. "Defensive? I'm not being defensive. It's the truth, I just have them for!-" Before he could slip up, he shut himself up last second.

"For?" You asked with suspicion in your voice. "Uh..." He scratched his ears in nervousness, and the door swung open. "Hey, dearies! I got some fruits for you two. Oh- and make sure to take the medicine later, Tighnari." His mom put the plate of fruits down, and Tighnari sighed in relief. Thanks to his mom for saving him from this awkward situation.

You looked at the plate of fruits, and you frowned. "I'm allergic to cherries." You took a piece of Apple shaped in cute little bunnies, and you munched on it. "Then don't eat those." He told you while eating the cherries.

"Your bedroom looks nice, it looks like a jungle." You complimented..?

"Is that supposed to be a compliment or what?" He asked with an unsure tone.

"Did you not hear the nice part?" You crossed your arms, and he looked at you annoyed. "Yes, I did... But forget about it, I have something else to show you." He knelt and took a small wooden box under his bed, and he showed it to you.

"What's inside?" You asked with curiosity, and you sat down beside him. "You'll see." He opened the box with a smile.

...

"What is that?" You took the colorful paper-like thing out of the box, and you inspected it. "It's a bookmark made out of the dried flower you gave me a couple of weeks ago. You like reading, right? Then this should be useful." He explained it to you, and you looked at him awkwardly.

"Oh, I... Thanks! I'll make sure to use it on my favorite book." You put the bookmark away to keep it safe, and you gently scratched your ears.

Did it really look like you were a book-loving person in his eyes? Oh well...

"Great, then I'll make more for you in the future." He spoke with much enthusiasm, almost making you feel a little bit bad. "I don't need more! You said it yourself, we should not pick flowers!" You shouted, and he covered his ears.

"Can you stop shouting? It's making my ears ring..." He requested with a frown, and you chuckled nervously. "I won't shout next time." You promised, and he was unsure if he was gonna believe you.

"But still, thanks for the gift! How did you know it was my birthday?" You asked with a small smile, and he looked at you confused.

"It's your birthday?!" He shouted, and you covered your ears like how he did earlier.

"Times up kids!" The door swung open, and you looked in front to see his mom holding a bowl of herbs and medicines.

This was not gonna be a good time for him.