𝐒𝐈𝐗

-ˏˋ furthering my distance from you ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❇️ ꒱

"Are you two not gonna bring an adult with you?" A forest ranger asked, and Tighnari shook his head sideways.

"Wait, we're not? What if we get in trouble?" You whispered to Tighnari, making sure he was the only one who heard you.

It has been a week since your little trip to the city, and now Tighnari was the one who offered to take you to the rainforest. And of course, you agreed without thinking too much.

"Well, be careful kids. Just shout for help if you run into any trouble." The guy told you both, and he walked away.

"Isn't this dangerous? Maybe I should've told my parents before going." You sighed, and Tighnari immediately looked at you with a shocked look. "You didn't tell your parents?!" He shouted, and a few people looked at the two of you.

"Shh! I can't just tell them that. I'll get in trouble!" You whisper-shouted, and he sighed. "But we're still going, right? I'm sure my scream is enough to attract the forest rangers. You know, just in case we do run into trouble."

"It'll probably attract the wild animals too..." He whispered. "What was that?!" You looked at him with shock, feeling half-betrayed.

Maybe there was no point in whispering, considering you two could hear each other more than enough.

"Oh, let's go now!" He walked straight to the forest, and you followed him, completely forgetting what he just said.

For the first few minutes, the only thing you've seen so far were pretty flowers. You were rambling to Tighnari about how you wanted to pick them and use them as dried bookmarks, to which he quickly opposed, not liking the idea.

While he was explaining the animals in the rainforest to you, you found a vibrant and colorful flower. You being you, got distracted and walked away from Tighnari, and then to the flower.

You sneakily looked around you, and when you saw that it was clear, you picked the flower quickly and threw it inside your bag.

Wait, why were the surroundings clear?

"Tighnari?!" You shouted, and the panic was sure to make you cry if you didn't spot him for the next minute.

'Why did he walk so fast anyway?!'

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❇️ ꒱

For the next hour, you've been loudly sobbing while walking around the forest with frustration. That was until a forest ranger found you, and she hurriedly ran in your direction.

"What is a kid like you doing here alone?" She asked while wiping your tears, and you hugged her for comfort.

"Hey, I've finally found you..." An exhausted Tighnari ran to you, and he pulled you away from the hug. Thanks to your super loud cries, he was able to hear you from a mile away.

"Did you two come here together?" The forest ranger asked. "Yeah, sorry for the trouble. We'll go back to the campsite." Tighnari replied, and he held your left hand while pulling you back to camp with him.

"What did you even do? Don't you know that people like us should always stick together? It's like an unspoken rule." He scolded, and you looked at him with a frown.

"Anyways, you're probably gonna be alright." He tried to assure you, and you nodded.

"So, was it fun?-" The forest ranger from before couldn't finish his sentence. He inspected your red puffy eyes, and he couldn't help but feel guilty.

Oh, what a horrible first day at his new job.

"She's okay! I'll go and walk her home." Tighnari walked away with you without saying another word.

"Sorry, I promise it'll be fun here next time." He apologized, and your mood immediately turned better upon hearing the word 'next time'.

"Thanks, I'll see you again next week!" You slipped your hand away from his, and you ran to go back home.

What happened to him walking you home?