𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

-ˏˋ realistically I can't leave now ˊˎ

˗ˏˋ꒰ ❇️ ꒱

The moment your parents found out that you've snuck out to go to the rainforest, you've been grounded for a good two weeks.

Today was a rainy day, and you were watching outside your window, wanting to play outside. To pass the time, you've been reading so many books that you swore once you're free to go out, you'd be fresh and filled with knowledge.

You heard a knock on your window, and you screamed in shock once you saw the familiar face.

"Shh! Be quiet!" The person panicked, and you opened your window.

"(Y/n), are you alright?" Your mom asked from outside. "Oh, yes! I accidentally dropped a book on my foot, sorry!" You shouted back.

You knelt and grabbed the umbrella under your bed, and you gave it to your friend. "Tighnari, what're you doing here? You're gonna get sick from the rain..." You gave him your umbrella with a worried look, and he opened it.

"Did you get in trouble because of me?" Tighnari asked with a guilty look. "Oh, of course not... You didn't do anything wrong, don't worry." You whispered.

As much as you wanted to let him in, your window was unfortunately too small and high. The only thing you could see from Tighnari was his ears and eyes, and you were standing on a stool for support.

"Aren't you able to turn into an actual fox so you could fit in the window?" You asked with curiosity.

"No. Can you turn into an actual cat?" He asked in a sarcastic tone, and you shook your head sideways.

"Wait, I'll be right back." You got down from the stool, and you took the dried-up flower from your backpack.

"I got this from the rainforest, I didn't expect it to get dried up so quickly, though." You showed him the wilting flower, and he started to look a little mad.

"I told you not to pick any flowers! The longest they can survive out of their natural habitat is about two days at best." He scolded, and the fact that you could barely see his face made the situation quite funny.

"Give it to me." He raised his hands for you to see, and you handed the flower to him. "What're you gonna do?" You asked.

"I'll turn it into something better." He told you with excitement, and your door was swung open. You looked at your mother with a nervous look, and she looked at you weirdly.

You looked back to the window to find Tighnari gone, and you quietly sighed in relief.

"Why were you holding your hand out the window? Are you trying to get sick?" She asked while putting you back down on the floor. She looked around your messy room that had books scattered everywhere, and she sighed.

"If the rain stops tomorrow, you're free to go outside." She told you, and you smiled. Well, that was fortunate.