author's note

So... hey.

Yeah it's been a long long time, and once again I'm sorry. Throwing this little update out there for two reasons. Well, three, but you can see I'm still alive by this point.

One, for clarity. A lot of people have asked if this is ever going to be finished, and the short answer is yes, and hopefully within the next year. I want to finish it for both all of you, who have supported this mess, and also for myself.

Two, a proposal. Half of the reason I'm so put off from finishing this (alongside the general writers' block) is because of how downright dreadful I find a lot of this story now. Half of it was written/planned when I was between 15-17. I'm now 22. Things change. People change. And it's just messy anyway. There's a lot of characters and plot points that get introduced as sorta smoking guns just to get thrown away chapters later (insert sequel trilogy analogy because I can't be bothered), some things don't matter as much as they should, things that come out of nowhere (like the Rogue One stuff) because I just threw it in and tries to make sense of it, the story is more driven by where I want to throw my characters rather than the characters themselves. I don't know, to me, it's just a bit scruffy. Long story short I was a teenager and didn't know what I was doing.

To that end, I've actually gone back and rewritten a couple of the early chapters, and it's really invigorated me to get writing again. So much so that I'm now in the midst of planning a full rewrite of this. I'm a bit unsure of how to publish it, as the chapters may end earlier/later depending on how I change things, and new chapters may have to be added altogether. Ultimately I'll probably end up publishing them as just edited chapters in this book. However, for now, and once I get a solid five/six chapters rewritten and sorted, I'll publish them in a separate story just to test the waters and see how you like it :) and also to gather some input from you on this whole idea! Please let me know how you feel about it!

Hope this rambling makes a lick of sense. Not to get too real for a moment, but the isolation of the pandemic has really dented me and my creativity and motivation to BE creative. I'm sure everyone reading this knows just as well as I do how awful that was, and I'm proud of every single one of you for getting through it. It wasn't easy.

I promise I haven't abandoned this out of lack of caring about it anymore, it's just in a state of hiatus at the moment x

And on that bombshell, I leave you (just for now). Thank you all again for all the support you've shown this over the years. I still check in on it every now and again, still amazed at the support it receives. I see all of you, thank you and love you💖