Back to Tatooine

Luke and I follow Dex down to the main hangar after Luke gets dressed into a pair of simple fatigues, where the Shuttle we escaped from the Empire on is being inspected by a group of technicians. Parked next to it is the Millennium Falcon, and I immediately smile, having not seen Lando and Chewie for a good year or so. I spot them milling around underneath the cockpit of the Falcon, along with Jasper, Tom, Leia and the droids.

I greet Lando with a hug, Chewie then enveloping me in his lanky, hairy arms, and I smile as he grunts contently, his chin hitting my head as he does so.

"Where's Han, then?" I ask as I come away from Chewie, Luke greeting Lando by shaking his hand.

"He's on Tatooine, like we first suspected," Lando begins to explain, Chewie grumbling in agreement. "Jabba has a stornghold, a palace, that is the base of all of his operations. Bounty hunters constantly come and go, and it seems to be the home of grotesque creatures." I watch as he frowns, Chewie growling again. "We need to figure out a way in."

"We'll consider that once we're there," Luke suggests. "We should get going in case Han gets moved again."

Leia nods in agreement, looking up at Lando. "I don't want to lose him again, Lando," she says, an edge to a voice. While she trusts him and sees him as an ally, it is evident that a slight amount of animosity still exists between the two. I don't blame her considering the way he sold Han out to Vader and Boba Fett so easily.

"To Tatooine, then?" Jasper asks, an eyebrow raised, and Luke, Lando and I nod. "Okay."

Artoo bleeps understandingly, whereas Threepio throws back his shoulders and jerks up his arms, his molded gold face masking signs of distress.

"Oh, no!" he exclaims dramatically. "Not that awful planet!"

"Hold your tongue, Threepio, it's where Luke, Dex and I grew up," I jeer playfully, Luke smiling too.

"I am sorry, Miss Hawkins! But I could barely handle it the last time I was there! My joints were almost frozen!" Threepio continues.

When no one responds to his whinging, he bends his head and says to Artoo, "We seem to be made to suffer. It's our lot in life!" Artoo simply responds with a disgruntled beep.

"Do we have permission from Command?" Dex asks.

"I don't really think we require permission to rescue Han from that oversized space slug," I murmur.

Leia nods, either at me or Dex, or indeed both of us. "Yes," she begins. "Mon Mothma, Ackbar and Madine need to analyse the plans and gather as many Rebels as possible if this is going to work, and that's going to take some time."

"I don't think we'll be gone too long, either," I suggest, shrugging.

We decide that Luke will fly his X-Wing with Artoo in the back, Threepio and Leia will go with Lando and Chewie in the Falcon, and Dex, Jasper and Tom will come on my ship, the Lightning.

I end up heading back to Luke and I's room to gather some supplies for our journey back to Tatooine, and I begin sorting through our Rebel clothes in the drawers, before finally setting on a pair of fatigues, and some Jedi robes and cloaks each.

When I'm done with the clothes, I head into the bathroom and quickly wash my hair, wanting to be as fresh as possible for Tatooine's hot and muggy environment. I pull off my jacket and stick my head under the shower, scrunching my eyes shut so the soap doesn't sting. I stand up from my bent position and I run my fingers through my dark hair as I stare at myself in the mirror, the scars on my arms. The hole left from the blaster fire on Skadi and the mangled flesh left by the burn of my lightsaber. My eyes move to my hair, hanging down to just beneath my breasts, nearly reaching my waist.