Captured by Ewoks

My ears still ringing, I trudge through the dense forest on tired feet, pushing my way through the lush, dark green ferns, my boots crackling the bracken and twigs on the dirt. I have no idea how long I've been walking through the trees, my mind still fixed on what Zach said to me, and what I'm going to do about my brother. 

Perhaps I should give up the ghost, and go and confront him on the second Death Star. I know deep down he's not going to come to me, he wants me to come to him. The Emperor wouldn't let him anyway, not with how frantic he is. I remember seeing him after Blackburn failed, his eyes wide, his face greasy, tripping over his words. He's always been shyer than Zach and I, but never this anxious. It's like he was too terrified to even breathe. 

My mind then wanders to Vader, and his desperation to find Luke, luring us to Cloud City, torturing Han and I. He won't hold out forever. Maybe Evan will, but Vader, and to an extent Palpatine, want Luke the second they can get to him. 

The strange, loud whistle from before pulls me from my train of thought, and I stop in my tracks, my hand on a tree trunk, my eyes scanning the forest as it echoes around me. I need to find the others as soon as possible, and I decide my best bet is to make my way back to the Shuttle. Pausing to sense the area, I find my way within a few moments, and set off jogging through the trees. 

Still trying to take my mind off of everything that is soon to come, I trudge up the gradual incline towards the clearing where our strike team is presumably still waiting. I sense them just over the crest, my tired legs pushing me up and over, only to be met with blasters pointed in my direction. 

"Oh! Miss Hawkins!" Threepio exclaims, throwing his arms up in shock or relief, or both. 

"Excuse me?" I say, breathless, not even having the energy to raise my hands. The troops look back at me with relief in their eyes, lowering their blasters, and I feel my heart sink in my chest. No sign of Luke or Leia, although they could have ducked for cover with the others, our strike team slowly reappearing from the ferns. 

"Nat!" Han calls, heading over through the foliage as I lean back against a tree trunk, pulling my helmet off and running a hand through my hair, Chewie trailing him with his bowcaster at the ready. "Where's Leia? And Luke?"

I frown at him, scanning our small base again. "What? They haven't come back?" I ask. 

"I thought she- they were with you," Han snaps down at me. 

"We got separated!" I retort, my heart now hammering in my chest. What if they've been captured?

"Oh, General Solo! Somebody's coming!" Threepio warns, the strike team ducking for cover. 

Sensing who it is, I stay standing, waiting for him to appear through the foliage. The second I see him I pull him into a tight hug, sighing in relief. 

"You alright?" I ask, pulling away from him.

"Yeah," he replies.

"Is Leia with you?" Han demands from behind us. 

Luke turns to me, a confused frown on his face. "She hasn't come back either?"

I shake my head in response. "No. I haven't seen her."

"We better go look for her," Luke says, his frown turning to one of concern, and he and Han exchange a grim look.