There Is No Try

I wake up, my head still on Luke's chest, and I can feel him running his hands through my hair. 

"Good morning," he says, his voice deep and sleepy, and I smile. 

"Morning," I reply, looking up at him. 

I hear a beeping from the cockpit, indicating a transmission, and I groan and bury my face back into Luke's chest, not wanting to get up. 

"I think you'd better get that," he suggests, brushing my hair from my face. 

"Nah, you're alright," I say, causing him to laugh. 

"Come on, Nat."

"Artoo! Could you get that please?" I call groggily, pushing myself up and looking towards the door, only to remember that he's powered down for the night. I groan again as I stand up. "Won't be a minute."

I trudge to the cockpit and press the button to answer the transmission. "Yeah?" I ask through a yawn. 

"Mornin' Nat," Tom's voice calls. "I hope Luke hasn't been keeping you up at night."

I roll my eyes and scoff at him as Dex laughs at him in the background. "You wish. What do you want?"

"Just checking up on you again, seeing as you and Zach never made it to the rendezvous. Evan also said you cut short a transmission with him, but we told him you were with Luke and that you were alright. We're here with Shara, Kes and the others from Tarie, and they're all doing just fine too," he explains. 

"Well, thanks for that," I say tiredly, rubbing my eyes. "Is that it? Can I go back to bed now?"

"Oh, Tom, we're keeping her from the pretty boy," I hear Dex say in the background. 

"Shut up Dex," I say, a smile creeping across my lips. "Bye guys."

"Bye Nat!" they both call, and I shut off the transmission. 

I head back to the living quarters, and I stop outside, kneeling down in front of Artoo. "Hey, Artoo."

I tap his face, and a red light comes on and he beeps at me, swivelling his head round to look at me, and I smile at him. 

I enter the living quarters and find Luke sitting up in the bunk, yawning. His hair is a mess and his bright blue eyes are tired, but he still looks perfect. I sit down on the edge of the bunk, yawning once again.

"Who was that?" Luke asks from behind me, and I feel him moving closer to me. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my shoulder. 

"Just Tom and Dex," I smile as he kisses my cheek. 

"How are you feeling today?" he questions, and I nod. 

"A lot better than yesterday, that's for sure." I pause as I think, resting my head on his as Yoda's words echo in my head. 'Made you realise your importance, this has.' Does this signify my importance in the Rebellion, or is it meant to hint towards my importance in the future of the galaxy if we win this war? Could I have something to do with the person called 'Rey'? Or could it simply mean that I now know how much I mean to people? 

"Some of it still doesn't make too much sense, but I'm sure it'll all become clear soon," I add after a moment. I turn my head so that I'm looking at him, and I smile at him. He's so handsome, and smart and strong and brave, and I'm so lucky that he loves me the way I love him. 

"What?" Luke asks, sounding a little self-conscious. 

"Nothing," I smirk, leaning forward and kissing him. 

"I'm liking the new you," Luke says as I come away from him, and I laugh at this. 

"Mmm," I hum, standing from the bunk and pulling on my clothes from yesterday. "Now, Padawan Skywalker, your training must continue."