Quinn Bailey

I wake up slowly, everything shrouded in a light blue haze from the surrounding monitors, the lights in the ceiling dimmed to a warm grey. Luke's still dozing on my shoulder, and I smile as I look down at him, not caring that my right arm has gone completely dead.

"Nat!" I hear Dex hiss, and I look up to find him stood in the doorway. He gives me a nod as he walks in, pulling one of the chairs forward and sitting in it, his eyes moving from me to Luke. "How's the pretty boy?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

I shake my head at him. "Stop..." I yawn, lifting my bandaged hand and running it through my hair.

"Tom wasn't wrong," Dex continues, cocking his head to one side as he eyes up Luke. "He certainly is prettier up close."

"Dex," I scold lightly, though I'm smiling.

Luke presses his face into my shoulder as he begins to wake up, cuddling closer to me and groaning softly, his arms still wrapped around my waist.

"Morning," I say, looking down at him, and he smiles.

"Morning," he replies, opening his eyes and looking up at me, then at Dex, and he frowns. "Who are you?" he asks, tired and confused.

"Dexter Roberts," my old friend smirks, extending a hand, and Luke sits up and shakes it, giving him a small nod.

"Luke Skywalker," he smiles.

"Hello, I've-"

"Do you two mind flirting outside?" I interrupt, taking Dex's hand from Luke's.

"I was just saying 'hello'!" Dex snaps.

"Yes, well for you, that's flirting, and we all know where that gets you, don't we, Roberts?" I smile, raising an eyebrow at him as I sit up, and he scowls at me. I turn to Luke. "How's your hand?"

He makes a fist with the cybernetic and nods. "Fine."

"So, what did you want?" I ask Dex, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"A few things," he begins. "First off, Mon Mothma wants to see you. Second, Tom's got his hand stuck in one of the vents on your vectored thrust and can't get it out."

"You're joking," I whine as Luke laughs beside me, running a hand through his hair.

"Needs your nimble fingers, see?" Dex continues. "And finally, do you want a repaint on your ship? Because it's looking a bit banged up."

I wave my hand at him. "It's fine."

He nods, slapping his hands on his thighs and standing up. "Right, we'd best not keep Mothma waiting. Or Tom, for that matter."

"I'd better change first," I say, looking at Luke. "Does she want to see him, too?"

Dex shrugs, clapping Luke on the shoulder. "I'm sure she'd love to meet the kid that destroyed the Death Star," he smiles, causing Luke to smile too and his cheeks to turn red. "Heard a lot about you, Commander."

Dex, Luke and I head back to Luke and I's quarters, and I let Luke get dressed before I change into more appropriate clothing.

I decide to change into one of the tan blouses and a pair of the blue combat trousers, and I pull a pair of the shiny black boots onto my feet, Dex and Luke waiting patiently outside. Dex is still in his grubby vest and tan trousers, and Luke's changed into Rebel attire; blue undershirt and a tan tunic, trousers and black boots, his belt, lightsaber free, around his waist.

I open the door and step out, pulling my blouse down and buckling my belt around my waist. "Okay," I sigh, still tired despite a relatively good night of sleep. "Let's go and free Tom."