Melanie

the picture is lake erie at sunset, taken by urs truely ofc u steal it

We left for Singapore last week and its our second to last day here.

Aaron's pov

"Baby you're 16 weeks pregnant you can not have that" I say taking the food out of her hand.

"What, why" she says whining.

"Baby it has raw fish in it" I say peeling the first layer of food off to reveal the raw fish in it.

"Oh" she says as I hand the food to Jason.

"Can we find something I can eat?" She asks

"Yes princess." I say and my phone rings

"Hello" I say into the receiver

"Hi, is this Aaron Hotchner?" A woman asks. Her voice is vaguely familiar.

"this is he" I respond

"Christopher its your mom" she says. Melanie, why would she be calling. Last I talked to her was at the charity event to raise awareness of lung cancer for dad. I chose not to attend and she went on a tangent about how disrespectful I am.

"Hi mom" I say plainly.

"Is it a bad time?" She asks

"Yes, it is actually. I'm in Singapore on vacation." I say wrapping my free arm around Flora.

"Vacationing in Singapore, sounds unlike you." She says smugly.

"Its a family vacation with my girlfriend. Anyways can you call me next week when I'm back in Virginia" I say quickly changing the subject.

"Sure-" she starts but I hang up.

As a mother I love her but as a human I hate her.

"Aaron and I are going to look over here" Flora says pulling me towards more for stands.

"Christopher" she says once we get far enough away.

"What's wrong" she asks holding my hand

"My mother called" I say plainly.

"You know, you never told me about your mother, just her name" she says

"There isn't much to tell." I say

"If her calling bothered you that much then there must be something"

Do I tell her?

Yes, I trust her with my life.

"When I was young my father he abused us physically and mentally. It was hell on earth, she turned a blind eye. When I was old to defend myself he got cancer" I say after a few minutes of silence.

"Every year she would have these Lung Cancer Charity Galas in honor of him. I refuse to go, Sean on the other hand would except her bribe money and attend. It made me resent the both of them for acting like he didn't beat the shit out of us every chance he got. It was one of the reasons I worked so hard. I refused to become him, but in the process I did. My wife left me and tried to take my son." I say blinking away the tears.

"Baby you are nothing like him. You would do anything for us. You are my knight in shinning armor. You prove that time and time again. You work hard to make the world a better place. Jack and I see the good in the work you do. We love you for it. Your motivation keeps Jack driven, it keeps me driven. You Mon Amour are a super hero in a suit." She says pulling me into a hug.