CHAPTER 13 : Just What I Thought

Waiting to hear of Aurora's decision took ages, mother was talking about how me and Aurora are going to fall in love and stay married when this is all over

Waiting to hear of Aurora's decision took ages, mother was talking about how me and Aurora are going to fall in love and stay married when this is all over.Pfft. Maybe in Aurora's dreams but certainly not mine.

Nikolai was joking about if this marriage facade doesn't manage to persuade Damon, it's going to be hilarious how me and Aurora got married for no reason at all, and the other half of the conversation was about how proud of himself he was and how it's a good idea, and how he's ready to lead the mafia.

On the other hand there was me who was in my own little dreamland. I already know Aurora said yes to fake date me because I know she would do anything to help her family.

A few minutes later of indistinct chatter going on around me the office door opened and in walked Ace Victoria and Aurora.

I sat up straight waiting for the expected news we were going to receive.

"We have talked and Aurora will do it". Ace said looking at both Victoria and Aurora before looking at the rest of us. Father let out a sigh of relief, mother smiled and went to hug Aurora like we're actually together.
Ace and father went to Nikolai to congratulate him for coming up with the idea. Mother and Victoria were talking in the corner of the room and giggling, their probably talking about me and Aurora having kids already.

I looked towards Aurora who was stood alone so I made my way to her.

"What do you want?"She mumbled looking around the room avoiding my eyes.

"Can't look into my eyes now huh?" I said teasing her. Aurora looked away from the others and looked into my eyes and I looked into hers to create dominance. We stayed looking at each other for the next few seconds.

"I cant believe you two are going to be dating". Nik laughed coming over causing me and Aurora to break eye contact to look at him.

Aurora looked at me awkwardly, I looked at her and she looked to Nikolai quickly avoiding my eyes. I kept gazing my eyes at her as if I was  scanning her face.

What am I doing? why am I acting smitten all of a sudden, a few days ago maybe even hours, I would have  smirked when she looked at me because that means I'm winning the game because I'm proving she's not over me, but now I want her eyes on mine.

A few minutes later everyone left the office, Ace and Father said me and Aurora will practice dating tomorrow, we will practice 'being in love' and all that typical relationship stuff so we're perfect for the ball that's in a few weeks.

I went upstairs to my room to clear my head of Aurora, she's getting to me and I can't let that happen. This is a game. A game that's it.

I can't be feeling anything for Aurora especially not now, we will pretend to date for a few weeks, and when we have this Damon guy fooled I will be going back home and I won't be seeing her everyday. The only upside of this facade is that Aurora will realise she's still in love with me, I saw the way she looked at me downstairs in the office, she's definitely not over me.

Tomorrow I'm going to pretend to be so In love with Aurora she won't even  know if it's real or fake.

I can't wait.