CHAPTER 41 : A New Chapter...

2 months later

2 months later....

"Are you ready to go home?" Leo asks holding Lucarius, our son.

"Yes."I murmur with a smile on my face as I watch Lucarius, who is fast asleep in Leo's arms.

I gave birth to Lucarius 4 days ago through a C-section. The process was fine as I couldn't feel a thing but the after pain was unbearable unlike anything I've ever felt before, but luckily the pain has subsided and I'm recovering smoothly so we are allowed to go home today.

We named our son Lucarius, after Luca, Leo's father, so he will always remember his grandfather and how great he was.

An hour later....

"Everything is packed up, we just need to get out of here." Leo says walking towards me.

I sigh in relief sitting before Lucarius as I watch him sleep "I know, I can't wait to go home and sleep in our own bed". I whisper getting up, being careful not to wake up the baby.

I gave birth in a private hospital, as dad ordered that I was safe when giving birth and that everything went smoothly. He used the "We are the mafia and we have enemies everywhere." on me and I didn't fight it because I knew he was right. But still, although the hospital was lovely, it just wasn't home.

"Let's get you and our son home."Leo murmurs before kissing me gently with his hands on my waist.

After a few long minutes we got Lucarius into his car seat." You ready?" Leo asks picking up the car seat with a little sleepyhead inside.

"Yes, let's go home". I say while Leo wraps his free arm around my waist and leads me out of the room. I can't wait to go home....

A while later.....

"Oh my god just look at him." Mom says in awe as she looks in at Lucarius who is still sleeping peacefully in the car seat.

"I know, he's gorgeous." Chiara says happily as she plays with his little fingers.

"Congratulations." She says with a wide smile as she pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you." I say hugging her back. "I hope you like the name."I say hopefully. I was really worried that she'd hate the name and think that we're trying to replace Luca with Lucarius, but when we told her, her eyes filled with gratitude.

A small smile filled with sadness appears in her face."I love it Aurora. " She taked ahold of my hands. "Thank you for bringing Leo back to me."Chiara looks at Leo who is smiling widely holding Lucarius while talking with dad and Nikolai."I haven't seen him smile like that since his father died so thank you for bringing him back to me."

"Oh Chiara". I cry pulling her in for another tight hug not caring for my stitches and how they hurt like a bitch.

"I wish he could've been here to meet his grandson." She says when we pull away from each other.

"Me too."

A little while later....

"He's been sleeping the entire time." Nikolai complains. "I want to see the colour of his eyes." He says looking at Lucarius who is still sleeping in the bassinet. The entire family is having dinner. Felix, Brie, Raquel, Elijah, Rya, Sofia, Mom, dad, Lucinda and Nikolai are all gathered around for mom's famous pasta.

Everyone insisted on meeting Lucarius the moment he came home and I couldn't bare to resist. Everyone had a turn at holding him, although he was asleep the entire time, he was still a cutie.

"That's what babies do, they sleep, especially newborns."Brie says.

"Yes, that's true, Nikolai you were sleeping all the time, Aurora was always awake and smiling. You were a little sleepyhead." Mom explains while Nikolai rolls his eyes smiling accepting the oncoming roasts from everyone.

"He still is." I tease laughing holding Leo's hand.

"For the record his eyes are brown." I say.

"Good, he's a De Luca then." Dad pipes up swallowing down a glass of vodka.

"He sure is." Leo replies looking at Lucarius who is lying beside me sleeping peacefully.

After long conversations consisting of the mafia, and teasing each other (mostly of Nikolai sleeping our entire childhood and now) everyone decided to go to bed

After long conversations consisting of the mafia, and teasing each other (mostly of Nikolai sleeping our entire childhood and now) everyone decided to go to bed. I was beyond exhausted and sore.

It was pretty late in the night so everyone stayed over. Luckily we have enough spare rooms in the house to accommodate everyone and we even have a guest house out the back for emergency.

However, no one wants to stay in it as it's supposedly "haunted" from when we were younger and Nikolai and Leo saw a ghost in one of the bedrooms. No one believes their story but no one wants to take the chance.

I sigh in exhaustion as I lay down on the bed. "I'm so glad we're home". I murmur to Leo who is currently changing Lucarius's diaper.

I wanted to do it but he insisted. "Me too" He replies picking up Lucarius and bringing him over to our bed.
"Before we go to sleep I think someone needs a feed."I smile taking him from Leo's arms.

After a few minutes Lucarius is fast asleep in my arms. I place him in his cot and kiss him gently on his forehead.

I lie down next to Leo and lay my head on his chest. He rubs my back and kisses my head.

"So, when are we going to start creating more mini me's?"

I look up at him with wide eyes. "I'm joking". He says laughing. "We are not creating any more mini me's for another while." I tease sitting up on the bed. "I've just given birth and besides I'm going to get a job as a psychologist and you are going to do what ever you do as the new mafia leader."

"Yeah I know." He smiles. "But you have to admit he does look like me."Leo says pulling me in gently by the waist.

"He does, he's all you except for the eyes" I smile "And, maybe, who knows our daughter might look just like me."

"Look your already thinking about our future daughter, and who she'll look like, but I guess we have to wait to find out."Leo smirks moving me onto him so I'm straddling him.

"Yeah we have to wait and see." I say kissing him with butterflies in my stomach.

*A. N*
For a little context for anyone wondering, you pronounce Lucarius as Lu-sayri-us.