CHAPTER 23 : The Ball That Decides Our Future

It's been a few weeks since I had last spoken to Aurora and it has been killing me

It's been a few weeks since I had last spoken to Aurora and it has been killing me. She will never know how much I love her, but Nikolai is my best friend and I can't ruin that especially when we're going to be Buissness partners in a few years.

When Aurora and I came back from thr hotel I told Ace and father I had told Damon we were both engaged and they weren't too pleased but I told them it was the perfect cover and it got him to back off.

The ball is tomorrow night and Damon is going to be there, Ace is going to tell him me and Aurora are getting married next month.

Ace said we most definitely won't end up having to get married, he's convinced Damon will fuck off after tomorrow night.He won't see the point as me and Aurora will be soon "married" and will eventually produce heirs to the Sicillian mafia.

Meanwhile Ace, Nikolai and me were in the office going through some paperwork, Ace ordered in a shipment of guns for tomorrow night incase everything doesn't go our way, but it will I'm certain of it.

Massimo walks in the office and sits down on the couch.

"Boss". Massimo says sitting down.

"Hello Massimo, how are you today, did you bring Aurora anywhere?" Ace asks flicking through the paperwork.

"Yeah good, I brought her to see her friend Sandra." Sandra, I swear I've heard of her before.

"That's good". Ace said smiling.

"Aurora fainted when they were about to leave but don't worry it was just low blood sugar, I brought her to the doctor."

"What do you mean she fainted, is she okay?" I ask worried.

"Yeah shes fine, she just hit her head but she's okay."

"Thats good". Ace mumbles. "Nikolai can you go and check on her, I'll go later I just have to get this done."

"Yeah sure". Nik says getting up. "I'll go too, I'm going upstairs anyway." I say getting up too, I have to make sure she's okay.

Ace nods and goes back to the paperwork. I follow Nikolai upstairs towards Aurora's room.

Nik goes in first and a smile appears on her face.. Until she sees me. She's sitting cross legged on thr bed with a blanket around her.

"Are you alright? Massimo told us you fainted earlier." Nikolai asked sitting down at the end of the bed. Aurora was looking between me and Nikolai.

She's acting weirder then usual.

"I'm fine, it was just low blood sugar."She says looking at Nik and then me.

I look at her and we make eye contact. I can tell she's lying because she can't keep eye contact. I will find out why she's lying and the real reason why she fainted.

A few minutes of Nik and Aurora talking with me just looking at her, she had said she felt sick and was going to take a nap so we both left her alone.

I went for a drive to clear my mind. I can't stop thinking about her no matter how much I try not to, but I can never be with her because I'm bad for her.

The next day....

Today is the day of the ball. I won't lie I'm a bit nervous, this better persuade Damon that we're actually serious because if we don't I will have to marry Aurora, and if we do get married I won't be able to keep my feelings in, its already hard enough.

I'm dressed in my suit ready to go, I leave my room to go downstairs but I see Aurora in her room, and she looks sexy as hell.

This Is what Leo is wearing...

She is wearing a black dress that hugs her body perfectly

She is wearing a black dress that hugs her body perfectly. I look at her more admiring her. She looks stressed almost sick. She has her hands on her stomach before quickly she runs to the bathroom. I run into her room and go to the bathroom, she is leaning over the toilet vomiting. I kneel down beside her and hold her hair.

"Your okay I'm here."I say caressing her back still holding her.

She looks at me before vomiting again. She finishes and I grab her tissue to wipe her mouth. She takes the tissue and murmurs a "Thank you." She flushes the toilet and leans against the wall and puts her hand to her stomach.

"Are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

She smiles a little "Yeah I'm fine, I must have ate something bad yesterday."

"Are you going to be okay for tonight?" I say standing up and putting my hands in my pants pocket.
I reach down and take hold of her wrists. She stands up and stays in front of me.

"Yeah I'll be fine, thanks for being here Leo."

"I'll always be here for you Aurora". I smile.

"Yeah I know".She smiles.

"Let's go get this over with". I say reaching out my arm, she intertwines her arm with mine and we make our way downstairs.

Every one was in the kitchen waiting for us, Mother and Victoria's eyes lit up when they saw me and Aurora come down the stairs.

"You guys look great". Mother cheers happily coming towards us and hugging us. Aurora let's go of my arm to hug Victoria.

After a few minutes of Ace and Father telling us what to do we finally leave.
On the way there Aurora is holding her stomach.

"Do you Need to be sick again?" I ask, about to pull over. "No I'm fine, I just feel sick."She says.
" Okay just tell me if you need to be sick again, I can pull over at anytime."
She nods smiling. A few minutes later we arrive at the mansion. There are people everywhere.

I sigh getting out of the car and opening the door for Aurora, Massimo and the other guards tell us the plan of the night. We made a plan if everything goes wrong, and I have a gun on me if I need to kill anyone.

"You ready?" I say to Aurora.

"Yeah". She smiles, We intertwine arms and walk inside.