CHAPTER 21: Aftermath

It's been a few days later and I'm feeling much better now, I haven't seen Leo since we came back from the hotel, Nikolai told me he hasn't stayed here the last few days

Sofia and Raquel went back to Rome yesterday and I miss them so much already, I didn't tell them about what happened between me and Leo because I was ashamed of what happend and still am. I was stupid to think us having sex meant something, I thought we meant something.

I'm in my room doing my college assignments, Josh and I got our results from the assignment we did a few weeks ago and we got an A+ for it, Josh bragged on about how he's so smart for the entire lecture.

Dad told me that Damon was very happy for me and Leo, so that means he believes that we're dating but we still have to go to this ball. It's in a few days and me and mom are going shopping tomorrow to get my dress.

I can't wait for all this to be over so we can all go back to our normal lives.

The next day....

"I love it mom". I smile looking at the dress. I had two dresses that I was cometely in love with and I didn't know which one to choose.

These are the dresses...

I ended up choosing the black one, I tried it on and it fitted my curves perfectly

I ended up choosing the black one, I tried it on and it fitted my curves perfectly. After me and mom went dress shopping we went to a really fancy restaurant and talked about everything.

I talked about college,and Josh's and mine assignment and how we got an A+ for it. I told her more about the dinner with Leo, Damon and his son.

"Where's Leo gone anyway, Nik said he hasn't stayed at thr house for a few days." I asked before biting into my burger.

"Chiara said he's staying with his high school friend... Finn I believe, but she said he's coming back tomorrow to prepare for the ball."

"Okay, I was wondering where he was". I said chewing my burger, my heart skipping a beat. Leo's coming back tomorrow. I take a deep breath and avert my thoughts to something else.

A while later me and mom arrived home from our very eventful day of shopping. I go to my room to put my dress in the wardrobe for the ball.
I'm excited to wear the dress because it's beautiful. After I go downstairs to see dad and the others. Everyone was chilling in the living room watching Netflix, I get some snacks from the kitchen and make my way there.

I lay all the snacks on the table and everyone grabs them. I sit next to Nik and we all watch Netflix together.

The next day....

"Hey Leo". Mom said as Leo entered through thr front door. Mom and I were in the kitchen eating breakfast when Leo entered.

"Hello Victoria". He mumbled before making his way upstairs, I watch as he walks up the stairs, part of me praying he would turn around and give me a sign it was real...but he didn't, he kept walking before disappearing down the hall.

I stare into the abyss thinking about the other night. I can't stop thinking about how we were, the way we were in sync, the way we were both completely vulnerable with each other and I just don't understand how we can go from that to now. He can't even look at me and somehow that is a million times worse then before when he used to look at me every chance he got.

A few hours later....

After sitting in my room staring at Leo's shut door I decide I'm going to talk to him and break this wall of ice between us.

I enter without knocking and see Leo sitting on hsi bed on his phone. His room is pitch balck I almost trip over one of his clothes that were sprawled on the floor.

"Leo". I whisper. Leo looks up from his phone and looks at me with light eyes, he looks so defeated and sad.

"Why are you here Aurora." He says flicking his phone onto the bed and looking at me again.

"I wanted to talk to you."I say walking towards him and sitting on the bed.

"About what?"

"Umm the other night at the hotel."I say looking into his eyes begging him to give me something.

" Aurora-" "Leo... Do you regret what we did?"

He squints his eyes and gets up. "No of course I don't regret what we did, they were the best moments of my life and you know that".

"Then why are you acting like this" I say getting up "You can't even look at me Leo." I say my eyes tearing up.

Leo steps closer towards me "You know why Aurora, I can't betray Nikolai, your his sister and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I hurt you."

"No" I say shaking my head trying to control my tears, "You know I'm more then Nik's sister Leo, you know it.. you just don't want to admit it to yourself because your afraid to be vulnerable, this isn't about hurting me it's about you hurting yourself and allowing yourself to be vulnerable."

"Aurora I can't be with you, don't you get that, we can never happen, for one I'm going to be the Don of the Sicillian mafia when father retires and you, your going to become a phycologist and help people, and as for me I'm going to be killing them. I'm bad for you Aurora.. And you know it."

"Your not bad for me Leo your the most gentle person I know, your loyal and you protect people,you protect me" I sob.

"Aurora stop please."Leo says trying to stop me.

"And your not bad for me Leo because I've been in love with you all my life and nothing is going to change that so please jsut try, don't end us before we even begun." I beg him cupping his face leaning my forehead against his.

"Please don't do this Leo.. I love you.. Please don't do this to me please."
Leo takes my wrist and pulls them away from his face and leans away.

"I'm sorry Aurora, I was never meant to hurt you." I cry even harder "It's too late you already have". I say before running out of the room and into mine. I lock the door and go to my bed, I cuddle into the sheets until I have no tears left to cry.