"It's just me and you..."

"I'm here, I'm here, I'm right here. We're okay," Peter told his aunt, as he clutched her wound. "It's just me and you..."

"P- Peter..." she smiled, solemnly, at him. "You have a gift... you have a power... and with great power, there must also come... great... responsibility..."

Before he could realize it, May took one last breath, her eyes still looking into Peter's.

 "May?... May?... Will you look at me May, please?... May?... May? What are you doing May? Please! Will you just wake up and talk to me, please?..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just then, Happy pulled up outside and saw Peter sobbing over May's dead body. Before he could get out of the car, however, the sound of police sirens echoed all throughout the night sky.

"RUN!" he called. "I'LL STAY WITH HER!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "It's just me and you, ok? It's just me and you, ok?" Peter cried, pressing his lips against his aunt's forehead. "Ok? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

And with that, Peter reluctantly left his aunt behind. After he left, Happy ran out of the car and held the girl he loved tightly, not caring who saw him cry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later, J. Jonah Jameson was on the news.

"What else can I call it? What more need be said? The damage, the destruction, you saw it with your own eyes... When will people wake up and realize that everywhere Spider-Man goes, chaos and calamity ensue. Everything Spider-Man touches comes to ruin. And we, the innocents, are left to pick up the pieces... J. Jonah Jameson reporting. Good night... and God help us all."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------