"You know, I'm something of a scientist myself."

A few minutes later, a portal opened up and Peter ran up to his friends, through said portal. Ned, Dani, and MJ walked up to him.

"Babe, are you ok?" asked Dani.

"Dude, what happened?" asked Ned.

"I just had a fight with Doctor Strange and I totally won!" panted Peter, taking off his mask.

"What?!" cried Peter's friends.

"Yeah, look!" said Peter, showing them the sling-ring. "I stole his ring thing."

"Whoa!" Ned gasped, grabbing the ring from Peter's gloved hands and staring at it.

"I was swinging through the city and then, I went through this massive mirror thing, and then, I was back in the city-"

"Where is he? Where is he?" asked MJ.

"Uh, he's trapped, but I'm not sure for how long."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Octavius and the other villains overheard Peter's words.

"You could have just left us to die..." called Ock. "Why didn't you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cause that's not who he is," Dani called back, before she and the others walked back into the holding area.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I think I can help you guys..." Peter told them. "If I can fix what happened to you, then when you go back, things will be different, and you might not die fighting Spider-Man."

"What do you mean 'fix' us?" asked Max, who was slightly apprehensive.

"Look, our technology is advanced and I'm-"

"I can help you..." interjected Norman, causing Peter and the others to look at him.

"You can?" asked Peter.

"Of course," smiled Norman.

Peter nodded.

"Octavius knows what I can do," finished Osborn.

"'Fix?'" scoffed Ock. "You mean like a dog? I refuse!"

"I can't promise you guys anything," Peter told them, honestly. "But at least this way, you actually get to go home and have a chance... a second chance. I mean, come on. Isn't that worth trying?"

Every villain was apprehensive, apart from Norman. Lizard didn't think the boy could do what he said he was going to do, but he appreciated the offer.

"Trust me, Peter..." he said, solemnly. "When you try to fix people, there are always consequences."