Chapter Eight: Worlds Apart

The days have gone by with no sign of Jack anywhere. No crazy happenings, not even a strange death. At least not our kind of strange deaths.

A light tapping came on my bedroom door and I opened it up, seeing Dean standing there.

"What do you want, Dean?" I asked.

"We may have a lead on where Jack is." he answered.

"Really? Where?"

"Jody called and said a fried of hers brim Bismarck PD called with a lead matching Jack's description. A local artist was found dead with his eyes burned out." Dean answered as he followed me out into the main room where Sam sat at the table, going through a lore book.

"Sounds angel-y." I said, "we going?"

"Yeah." they answered and we walked up the stairs of the bunker, heading outside and getting into the Impala, starting our long drive to Bismarck.

"Can we stop for coffee on the way there?" I asked as I sat in the back seat.

"Sure thing, kiddo." Dean answered.

Sam looked at his brother and smiled. "Glad to see you and Anna finally getting along."

"Yeah. Took a while, but we're back to being the dream team, ain't we, kid?" Dean asked as he looked at me in the rear-view mirror.

"Sure. Let's go with that." I answered.

    Eventually, we drove up to a coffee shop and Dean got out of the car, heading inside the shop and coming out a few minutes later rien a tray of three cups of coffee, handing them to us when he got in once again.

    "Let's see what's happening in Bismarck." I said as the Impala started up again and we drove out of the coffee shop.

                               💠💠💠

"Jack!" Sam pushed open the door to the entrance of the hospital ward, the three of us running to catch up with Jack as he talked with Kaia.

    "Sam?" Jack looked back at us in confusion and the girl kicked him to the ground and ran away.

    "Are you okay?" I asked Jack as I helped him up.

    "Yeah, I-I'm fine. She kicked me." Jack told me.

    "Yeah, well, welcome to the world where women are shamed by men for nearly everything. You'll survive a kick in the nuts." I told the boy.

Jack looked over to see Kaia running around the corner and out of view. "She's getting away."

"Good." Dean said.

"No, I can't—"

"Hey, tell us what's going on." Dean said to Jack.

"I need her." Jack answered.

"You need her like you needed Derek?" Sam asked.

"Yes. You don't.....I'm doing this for you." he said.

"You killed Derek for us?" Dean asked.

"Derek's dead?" Jack said, looking confused.

"Wait, Jack, tell us what happened." I said to him.

"I left to get a grip on my powers. I wanted to prove to you that I'm good, to do one good thing. So I did the thing you wanted the most. I experimented, opening doors to other worlds. I could almost do it. I could get right to the edge. But I could only feel around in the dark. I couldn't see. I needed eyes. A seer."