Chapter Ten: New World

"Anna, what are you doing up? Your leg is still healing." Sam said when he found me walking around my room.

    "I'm fine, Sam. Go try to get that rift open." I said.

    "Already tried that, didn't work." Sam walked over to me and wrapped an arm around my waist as I put my arm around his shoulder, the two of us slowly walking into the main room.

    "Where's everyone?" I asked as I sat down in a chair.

    "They went to track down Lucifer. We need his grace to keep the rift open long enough to find Jack and our parents." Sam answered.

    Just then, the bunker door opened and Dean came down the steps with Gabriel, Rowena, and Cass, dragging along Lucifer with his hands bound by a spell behind his back.

    "Woah, woah, what're you doing up, kid?" Dean asked once he saw me.

    "I've been cooped up in my room for five days. I needed to stretch my legs." I answered.

    "Fine. But you sure as hell are not going through the rift with us. You are staying, you hear?" Dean said.

    "I'm going, Dean. And you better not stop me from finding my father and Jack, or I will hurt you." I retorted.

    Gabriel smiled. "She's got fire. I like this one."

    "Thanks, dude." I said to him, focusing my attention back on Dean. "Like I said. I'm going."

    Dean sighed heavily. "Fine. But stay by Sammy or me at all times, you hear? No wandering off."

    "Loud and clear, Sarge." I saluted him.

Rowena got the ingredients ready and set the bowl down by Lucifer.

"Ah, I see what's going on. You're planning a trip to save Mother Mary and Father Jim, and you need my grace. Is that about it?" Lucifer guessed.

    "Good guess." Cass came up behind Lucifer and lightly drew the Angel Blade across his throat, a high-pitched ringing could be heard as his grace flowed out of his neck and into the bowl.

    Lucifer looked at us. "Okay, you could have done this back at the bar. Could have drained me. Could have killed me. What's this really about? Humiliation? Revenge?"

    "No, those are just bonuses." Sam replied. "See, we got a lot of work to do back in Apocalypse World, and not a whole lot of time to do it. So I realized something. I realized we could use you."

    Rowena knelt beside the bowl and started on the spell. "Koth Munto Numtox!" she chanted and a long gold rift appeared in the bunker.

    "Use you not to just crack the door open, but to keep it open. So we're gonna dragon you. We're gonna keep on draining you." Sam said.

    "Like a stuck pig." Dean said as he got his pack on, helping me up and putting his arm around my waist.

    "Grace on tap." Gabriel added. "Sorry, bro."

    "And then, when we get back, then we'll kill you." Sam said.

    "Cool." Lucifer said.

    "You gonna be okay back here?" Sam asked Rowena.

    "Aye. Someone needs to keep an eye on the Devil. Go. Save your mum and your friends." Rowena answered.

    "You ready?" Gabriel asked.

    "Ready." Sam answered and went through the rift, the rest of us following.

    We appeared in the Apocalypse World the next second and fell down a hill, rolling to a stop at the base of it and falling onto Sam as he tried to stand.