Chapter Twenty-eight: Time To Punch Death

"I can help him." Billie said as she suddenly appeared in the bunker.

"No. No! You get the hell away from him!" I shouted at her. "It was your plan that got him like this in the first place!"

Billie looked at me with a deepening frown. "I did not know it would get like this."

"That's a lie and you know it!" Dean shouted. "We gotta do something to help Jack!"

"I think you've done enough. We were so close." Billie said.

"Chuck saw it coming. All of it—your whole plan!" Dean said.

"It was doomed." Sam added.

"Because of you. It was doomed because of you." Billie said.

"You led Jack through his trials. You know what's happening to him. You can stop this. Please." Cass pleaded.

"I can't stop it. But there is something I can do." Billie walked towards Jack and touched his shoulder, having him disappear.

"What did you do?" Dean asked. "Billie, what did you do?!"

"Bring him back." I said to her.

She looked at me in amusement. "You think you hold power over me, little girl?"

I swung my fist into her nose and she stumbled back. "Bring my husband back right now, you bitch!"

Billie straightened up. "I don't even know if he's alive."

Cass immediately wrapped his arms around me as I lunged at her, him fighting to hold me back.

"Where is he?" Cass asked.

"The Empty." Billie answered.

"What?" we all went.

"Jack was a bomb, designed to annihilate cosmic forces. Chuck and Amara are gone. The Empty was the only player on the board that could possibly absorb that impact." Billie explained.

"So, it's done?" Dean asked.

"It's done." Billie confirmed.

"You said this was a suicide mission." Dean said.

"No, I said taking out Chuck and Amara would be fatal." Billie corrected.

"It's a chain reaction." Cass said.

"Mm-hmm. The Empty? It's...different. Not as strong as Chuck or Amara, but...vast. But if Jack survives, and if the Empty survives, it's gonna be pissed." Billie said.

"Okay, so—so, the Empty is pissed. What does that mean?" Sam asked.

"The Empty is strong. It's got...beef with me. Especially after what I just did." Billie said.

"Oh, well, poor you." Dean said.

"Good thing it can't reach me here." Billie said.

"Yeah, the Empty can't come to Earth. Not without being summoned." Sam said.

"But what about Jack? If he's alive?" Dean asked.

"You have to bring him back." Cass said.

"No." Billie said stubbornly.

"Let me rephrase. Bring Jack back now, or I'll unleash his vengeful wife on you." Cass threatened.

Billie took a slight step back at that, then regained her composure. "Not until I've gotten what I came here for. Sam, you took something that belongs to me. God's book."